Because every day is a Smoothie Day, and we are celebrating with a refreshing Mango Strawberry Beet Power Smoothie!
The recipe has natural fruit, honey yogurt, beet powder, and almond milk — the layering results in a stunning look — nothing like colorful natural drinks to start the day.
Take a sip for a quick pick me up.
I got a box of organic powders from Pure Synergy, which included an organic beet powder. Being beets one of my favorite ingredients, I decided to experiment and created this layered beet power smoothie using tropical mango and fresh strawberries.
The flavor of the mango strawberry smoothie is tart and not too sweet, definitely a winner, and looks so pretty, perfect for National Smoothie Day.
Beet powder provides natural energy. It is a rich source of antioxidants and phytonutrients too. Helping to invigorate and promote a healthy glow.
You can use beet powder to make beet juice by adding water. Or use it in smoothies as I did in this recipe. And other applications such as agua fresca, salad dressings, desserts, and much more.
If you are concerned about a strong beet flavor, don’t be because it definitely doesn’t have that earthy flavor. However, it provides a beautiful color. Nobody will know it is beets!
Tips for creating the best-layered mango strawberry smoothie
Choose fruits and veggies that go well together. Berries and mango are a great combination.
Use water and dairy or non-dairy ingredients for each flavor. I used yogurt, almond milk, and water.
Adding ice helps to create a slushy texture that keeps both flavors separate. I opted for crushed ice for a better texture.
Spoon the brighter color first and then layered the lighter color on top.
Why drinking a mango strawberry smoothie for breakfast?
The mango strawberry smoothie has 25 grams of sugar coming from natural sources, with no refined sugars. If you are looking for low-calorie options, this smoothie recipe is your best choice.
Mango Strawberry Beet Power Smoothie
- Chopping block
- Measuring Cups
- 1/2 cup mango cubes
- 1/2 cup strawberry slices
- 1/2 cup honey yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon beet powder
- Prep the fruit by cleaning and cutting. Set the measuring cups with the rest of the ingredients.
- Start making the beet power smoothie adding the strawberries, the beet powder, the ice, and the water. Blend until getting a slushy consistency and place inside the freezer.
- Then make the mango yogurt smoothie adding the mango chunks, the yogurt, the almond milk, and the ice. Blend in high and set aside.
- Spoon the beet power smoothie first into a glass. The layer with the mango smoothie and garnish with strawberries and mango pieces.
- Choose fruits and veggies that go well together. Berries and mango are a great combination.
- Use water and dairy or non-dairy ingredients for each flavor. I used yogurt, almond milk, and water.
- Adding ice helps to create a slushy texture that keeps both flavors separate. I opted for crushed ice for a better texture.
- Spoon the brighter color first and then layered the lighter color on top.
Have you tried this recipe? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram and or Facebook using the handle @adrianasbestrecipes and this hashtag #ABRecipes Happy Eats!