Because every day is a Smoothie Day, and we are celebrating with a refreshing Mango Strawberry Beet Power Smoothie!
The recipe has natural fruit, honey yogurt, beet powder, and almond milk — the layering results in a stunning look — nothing like colorful natural drinks to start the day.
Take a sip for a quick pick me up.
I got a box of organic powders from Pure Synergy, which included an organic beet powder. Being beets one of my favorite ingredients, I decided to experiment and created this layered beet power smoothie using tropical mango and fresh strawberries.
The flavor of the mango strawberry smoothie is tart and not too sweet, definitely a winner, and looks so pretty, perfect for National Smoothie Day.
Beet powder provides natural energy. It is a rich source of antioxidants and phytonutrients too. Helping to invigorate and promote a healthy glow.
Using beet powder in drinks, smoothies, and dishes is convenient. This product from Pure Synergy is vegan, certified organic, and kosher. It has no artificial flavors either.
You can use beet powder to make beet juice by adding water. Or use it in smoothies as I did in this recipe. And other applications such as agua fresca, salad dressings, desserts, and much more.
If you are concerned about a strong beet flavor, don’t be because it definitely doesn’t have that earthy flavor. However, it provides a beautiful color. Nobody will know it is beets!
Tips for creating the best-layered mango strawberry smoothie
Choose fruits and veggies that go well together. Berries and mango are a great combination.
Use water and dairy or non-dairy ingredients for each flavor. I used yogurt, almond milk, and water.
Adding ice helps to create a slushy texture that keeps both flavors separate. I opted for crushed ice for a better texture.
Spoon the brighter color first and then layered the lighter color on top.
Why drink a mango strawberry smoothie for breakfast?
We all have busy lives, and many times, we skip the most important meal of the day. Making a tasty smoothie is the solution for a quick breakfast on the go with sensible ingredients and low in sugar.
The mango strawberry smoothie has 25 grams of sugar coming from natural sources, with no refined sugars. If you are looking for low-calorie options, this smoothie recipe is your best choice.
Mango Strawberry Beet Power Smoothie
- Chopping block
- Measuring Cups
- 1/2 cup mango cubes
- 1/2 cup strawberry slices
- 1/2 cup honey yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon beet powder
- Prep the fruit by cleaning and cutting. Set the measuring cups with the rest of the ingredients.
- Start making the beet power smoothie adding the strawberries, the beet powder, the ice, and the water. Blend until getting a slushy consistency and place inside the freezer.
- Then make the mango yogurt smoothie adding the mango chunks, the yogurt, the almond milk, and the ice. Blend in high and set aside.
- Spoon the beet power smoothie first into a glass. The layer with the mango smoothie and garnish with strawberries and mango pieces.
- Choose fruits and veggies that go well together. Berries and mango are a great combination.
- Use water and dairy or non-dairy ingredients for each flavor. I used yogurt, almond milk, and water.
- Adding ice helps to create a slushy texture that keeps both flavors separate. I opted for crushed ice for a better texture.
- Spoon the brighter color first and then layered the lighter color on top.
Have you tried this recipe? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram and or Facebook using the handle @adrianasbestrecipes and this hashtag #ABRecipes Happy Eats!
- Spicy Mango Pineapple Chutney Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Squash Blossom Quesadillas Recipe - November 10, 2022
- Juicy Veal Burgers Recipe - July 20, 2022
I love how the bright colors in this smoothie really pop and the strawberry with beet powder and mango combination is so good. I felt like I was drinking a fancy resort drink 🙂
Strawberry and mango is such a great combination. Im very intrigued by the addition of beet powder. I love adding veggies to smoothies and I would love to try beet powder. Even if I can’t find it, this would be excellent without it!
Can’t pass this up for breakfast, especially during the summer months but it’s also great at the start of the new year.
This mango strawberry beet powder smoothie has a color that makes us joyful! Plus, it contains so many nutrients and we feel good after having it for breakfast. Thanks!
This smoothie was delicious! The strawberry and mango made me feel like I was on the beach, which is definitely a welcomed change from this winter weather!