This post is also available in: Español
An Easy Campanelle Pasta Dish to Enjoy Anytime!
A simple recipe for Campanelle Pasta with mushrooms, arugula, serrano peppers and garlic. Garnished with crumbled queso fresco and red pepper. This meal is easy to make and ready in less than 20 minutes. My family loves pasta and this dish is one of my to go recipes to make using ingredients I have in my fridge and in the pantry.
Watch the step by step recipe tutorial now.
I choose Barilla Campanelle Pasta because cooks to perfection and never fails. Besides it is tasty and you can find it in any supermarket and on Amazon. You can actually purchase it here if you decide to make this yummy pasta at home.
Mushrooms are always in season, are so versatile and pretty easy to cook. I live in Florida and the locally sourced mushrooms are really nice and not that expensive. I like to sauté the mushrooms in a skillet with olive oil, garlic and add chopped serrano peppers for an extra kick. We Mexicans love our pasta a bit spicy and makes a nice contrast with the mushrooms and the .
This week I am traveling to meet with farmers that grow wheat and learn all about it. Me, being such a a fan of bread and pasta I am looking forward to learn all about the process of planting and harvesting wheat that ends up in our table in so many forms. Including wheat beer. Yes, because wheat is not only for bread!
I will be sharing my experience on Facebook and on Instagram so make sure you follow me to get all the scoop as it happens. I am sure it will be a lot of fun and cannot imagine all the great pictures I will be taking on those golden wheat fields. I honestly cannot wait for next week to come faster. But in the mean time I hop onto the plane I am enjoying this pasta dish with my family. Are you ready to try it?
Campanelle Pasta with Mushrooms
- 1 box Barilla Campanelle Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups portabella mushrooms sliced
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper finely chopped
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup queso fresco crumbled
- 1 pinch red pepper optional
- Prepare the pasta following the instructions on the box.
- Sauté the mushrooms in a skillet with olive oil, chopped garlic and serrano peppers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the arugula and combine with the cooked mushrooms.
- Incorporate the cooked paste with the mushrooms and the arugula and serve.
- Garnish with crumbled queso fresco and a pinch of red pepper (optional)
- Can use feta cheese instead of queso fresco.
- If wanting to avoid the spice do not add the serranos and the red pepper.
- Instead of campanelle you can use penne pasta.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Check on Amazon