This post is also available in: Español
Happy and Sweet Valentine’s with Strawberry Jam Sandwich Hearts!
There is nothing better than to start the day with a lovely breakfast made with love. I like to treat my husband to breakfast in bed not only for Valentine’s Day but any day of the year and he loves the surprise of getting a beautiful tray with tasty bites before he goes to work.
This year I decided to make strawberry jam sandwich hearts made with freshly made crunchy peanut butter, slices of fresh Florida strawberries and homemade strawberry jam I made a few days ago.
I also made a strawberry milkshake with milk, honey, and strawberries to pair with the strawberry jam sandwich hearts, and occurred to me that this breakfast is also great to serve to the children as it has many of the flavor profiles the kids enjoy.
These heart-shaped sandwiches are perfect for making a lovely lunch box too!
You can prepare the strawberry jam sandwich hearts a day in advance and pack them in the kid’s lunchbox for a cute Valentine’s themed lunch at school. I bet they will love it!
We enjoy fresh seasonal fruits and since the Florida strawberries are at the peak of season right now is the perfect companion for a berry delicious breakfast or snack.
Let’s start the day with something sweet this Valentine’s Day!
These heart-shaped sandwiches can have many variations. You can make them with almond butter instead of peanut butter. Use whole grain bread instead of white bread, or make the sandwiches gluten-free depending on your family’s dietary needs.
Find the Florida strawberry jam recipe here. It is delicious and if you haven’t made homemade jam yet this recipe is so simple, and it is great for first timer jam makers and canning wannabes. Make it!
Strawberry Jam Sandwich Hearts
- 4 slices of white bread
- 2 teaspoons Florida strawberry jam
- 2 teaspoons crunchy peanut butter
- 3 Florida strawberries sliced
- Cut the bread in heart shapes using a large cookie cutter. Slice few strawberries and set aside.
- Spread a little peanut butter to one of the heart-shaped cutouts. And some homemade strawberry jam to the other heart.
- Add two slices of strawberry and close the sandwich and garnish with sliced strawberries and a dot of strawberry jam
People who love to eat, are always the best people.Julia Child
- Spicy Mango Pineapple Chutney Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Squash Blossom Quesadillas Recipe - November 10, 2022
- Juicy Veal Burgers Recipe - July 20, 2022
Nothing beats homemade strawberry jam! These are perfect and my kiddos love the fun shape!
These are the sweetest…such a cute idea for Valentine’s Day!
Such a fun classic recipe! These will be great for Valentine’s Day for the kids!
Cutting the bread into a shape of a heart is such a cute idea! It’s the perfect snack for Valentine’s Day!
This may be the cutest Valentines recipe I have seen! My kids are going to love this on Valentines Day!