This post is also available in: Español
Happy and Sweet Valentine’s with Strawberry Jam Sandwich Hearts!
There is nothing better than to start the day with a lovely breakfast made with love. I like to treat my husband to breakfast in bed not only for Valentine’s Day but any day of the year and he loves the surprise of getting a beautiful tray with tasty bites before he goes to work.
This year I decided to make strawberry jam sandwich hearts made with freshly made crunchy peanut butter, slices of fresh Florida strawberries and homemade strawberry jam I made a few days ago.
I also made a strawberry milkshake with milk, honey, and strawberries to pair with the strawberry jam sandwich hearts, and occurred to me that this breakfast is also great to serve to the children as it has many of the flavor profiles the kids enjoy.
These heart-shaped sandwiches are perfect for making a lovely lunch box too!
Let’s start the day with something sweet this Valentine’s Day!
These heart-shaped sandwiches can have many variations. You can make them with almond butter instead of peanut butter. Use whole grain bread instead of white bread, or make the sandwiches gluten-free depending on your family’s dietary needs.
Find the Florida strawberry jam recipe here. It is delicious and if you haven’t made homemade jam yet this recipe is so simple, and it is great for first timer jam makers and canning wannabes. Make it!
Strawberry Jam Sandwich Hearts
- 4 slices of white bread
- 2 teaspoons Florida strawberry jam
- 2 teaspoons crunchy peanut butter
- 3 Florida strawberries sliced
- Cut the bread in heart shapes using a large cookie cutter. Slice few strawberries and set aside.
- Spread a little peanut butter to one of the heart-shaped cutouts. And some homemade strawberry jam to the other heart.
- Add two slices of strawberry and close the sandwich and garnish with sliced strawberries and a dot of strawberry jam
People who love to eat, are always the best people.Julia Child