This post is also available in: Español
Get ready for back to school with a fresh watermelon pizza!
This recipe was created in collaboration with Produce for Kids and their brand sponsors for the Power your Lunchbox initiative. You can make the Power Your Lunchbox Promise and inspire your family to eat a healthier lunch this school year. Don’t forget to grab fun lunchbox ideas for back to school! Follow the #PowerYourLunchbox hashtag on social media for all the scoop!
But first, let the pizza party start making a fresh watermelon pizza using yummy toppings and cream cheese. Skip the store-bought variety and make homemade fresh watermelon pizza using fruits and a handful of simple ingredients.
Like Sun-Maid raisins, Crisp Green fruit snacks, Zespri kiwi fruit, and SunWorld grapes all supporters of the Power Your Lunch program. Customize with your kiddos favorite toppings and let them choose their own too.
Back to school lunchbox can be super easy to make!
You do not have to complicate them, just use fresh seasonal fruits and veggies and pair with easy sandwiches, dried fruits, and nuts. Include a water bottle or an agua fresca and you are all set!
Children get enticed to eat their meals when they are allowed to play with their food. This fresh watermelon pizza is perfect for that. You can adjust to their taste buds and just pack inside a bento box. Eating fresh fruits and veggies is a good idea for better health.
We are making the promise for healthy eating are you ready to make the pledge and help children and families in need?
Did you know that 1 in 6 children may open an empty lunchbox today? Help us give back to families in need by making the Power Your Lunchbox promise with your family. For every promise made Produce for Kids will donate $1 to Feeding America. Visit Produce for Kids to participate, we can all help make the difference.
Fresh Watermelon Pizza
- 1 seedless watermelon round thick slice
- 1 teaspoon cream cheese soften
- 1 green kiwi cut in halves
- 1/2 champagne mango cup pearls using a scoop
- 1 manzano banana cut in rounds
- 2 pieces of freeze dried tangerine crushed
- 2 mint leaves cut in juliennes
- 3 carnation flowers edible organic grade
- Prep and slice all the fruits and toppings. Place the watermelon slice in a plate and cut in 8 pieces using a pizza cutter.
- Garnish with dots of softened cream cheese, green kiwi moons, champagne mango pearls, and rounds of Manzano bananas.
- Add Sun-Maid sour lemon flavored golden raisins. This are not that sours they actually have a pleasant lemony flavor note that goes well with the rest of the toppings.
- Use tangerine in powder made possible thanks to Green Crisp. The bag includes wedges of the crispy tangerine that you can crush to add texture to this watermelon pizza.
- Finish with mint juliennes and edible carnation flowers.
Products from Amazon.com
- Spicy Mango Pineapple Chutney Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Squash Blossom Quesadillas Recipe - November 10, 2022
- Juicy Veal Burgers Recipe - July 20, 2022
Looks so beautiful. Very creative and elegant.
I love this idea, so creative! And it looks delicious too!
Such a cute and colorful idea!
Looks like a great idea for summer. I love the assorted toppings.
What a brilliantly fun idea for a lunchbox, so healthy and delicious too!