This post is also available in: Español
Ham and Cheese Pie Made with Love and Leftovers!
Our suggestion for dinner tonight is a pizza-inspired pie made with leftover chipotle pineapple ham from the Easter celebration this last weekend. Repurposing leftovers is a great way to avoid food waste!
Many cuisines use leftovers to create tasty dishes and a good example is Mexican cuisine. Dishes such as chilaquiles, tacos, enchiladas, tortilla soup, sopes, and chalupas are made with leftovers.
Based on this idea of avoiding food waste, we prepared a leftover ham pie made with tomato pizza sauce, ready-made pie crust, cheese, and Italian spices. This recipe is very simple and a crowd-pleaser. You can pair the pie with a fresh salad to make it a complete meal.
The best thing is that this pie is ready in few minutes and all the ingredients can be found easily. The cost of this recipe is low resulting in an economic way to feed the whole family with a low budget.
The ham and cheese pie is a recipe that my family was used to make for easy entertaining at home. Because who doesn’t like a nice slice of warm pie for dinner. The flavor combination is a winner. Italian flavors and pizza are also favorite among many.
A delightful Ham and Cheese Pie recipe ready in a few!
We invite you to try this recipe soon. You can substitute the protein with salami, smoked turkey, pepperoni, or any other cold cut of your preference.
Who does not love a slide of warm ham and cheese pie?
The art of cooking allows for creativity and thinking outside the box. Repurposing leftovers is a good way to spark that creativity. And explore new ways to use food and ingredients to surprise the family and friends.
The process for making the pie and all the details can be followed in the recipe card and the video. We like to produce video tutorials to inspire you to cook our recipes at home.
Ham and Cheese Pie
- pie dish
- Chopping block
- 3 cups cubed smoked ham
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 pie crusts homemade or commercial premade
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups italian cheese shredded
- 1 oil spray
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese shredded
- Spray some oil onto a pie pan and add the pie crust. With a fork punch small holes.
- Add some pizza sauce and then the cubed smoked ham.Pour more pizza sauce and the seasonings.
- Add the shredded Italian cheese and seal with the second pie crust. Punch additional holes with a fork. This helps the pie to cook evenly.
- Make egg wash and paint the dough with it. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese (optional).
- Cook the pie inside the oven for 20 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. When ready serve and pair with a fresh salad.
- The ham can be substituted with salami, smoked turkey, pepperoni or any other cold cut.
- This recipe is flexible to allow many other flavor profiles.
- Spicy Mango Pineapple Chutney Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Squash Blossom Quesadillas Recipe - November 10, 2022
- Juicy Veal Burgers Recipe - July 20, 2022
I love making pizza pies like this. Not sure why but I find them way easier to make than actual pizzas – plus that flaky pie crust always takes things to another level 😍
Such an easy and filling recipe! That side salad also looks like the perfect addition to this meal.
This pie looks like something my hubby would literally devour in a second. 🙂 Looks really delicious and it’s such a great idea to use ham leftovers. The crust is just amazing. Yumm!
This recipe has all the delicious blend of flavors!! Perfect for brunch.
I always use leftover ham for soup but this ham and cheese pie sounds like such a delicious alternative! I’ve got to give this a try!