This post is also available in: Español
Egg Breakfast Pie paired with a full glass of milk is a simple way to start the day with much needed protein[/caption]
Breakfast is such an important component to start our day energized so today I am bringing a delicious Egg Breakfast Pie inspired in an original recipe for Oven Baked Eggs found at the site FuertesConLeche.com.
Few of the ingredients for this recipe include fresh farm eggs, ham, serrano chile slices, kale and spinach leaves, whole milk and ready to use pie crust. You can prepare this a day in advance and save time in the morning.
This recipe for the Egg Breakfast Pie paired with a full glass of milk is a simple way to start the day with a tasty meal that will provide the needed amount of protein to be able to accomplish the demands of the day.
Sometimes we don’t realize but breakfast should never be skipped. It is the first meal of the day and the one that can provide us the much needed nutrients to function properly.
Drinking milk it is also an inexpensive way to add protein to the meals we offer to our family. Milk has 9 essential nutrients including, 8 grams of protein in every 8oz. glass. Getting enough protein at breakfast can help you stay fuller longer so you’re more likely to stick to your healthy eating routine.
Protein can also help with maintaining bone health, a healthy weight and lean muscle. Whether in a glass, cup or bowl – or mixed into a simple recipe – milk is a good source of protein to add to your breakfast.
Simply pair a glass of milk with some of your favorite protein breakfast foods – like eggs – or mix it into your favorite smoothie or overnight oats combination.
This recipe for Egg Breakfast Pie has 30 grams of protein per serving when paired with an 8 ounce glass of milk. I invite you to try my recipe it is easy to make and you will impress your family with something special to have in the morning.
Also watch this video featuring the U.S. Olympic Medalist, Cuban-American Gymnast, Danell Leyva who is inspiring and educating others on the importance of powering your day with a nutrient rich breakfast that includes between 25-30g of protein.
Egg Breakfast Pie
- rolling pin
- pie dish
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of cubed ham
- 1 serrano pepper cut is rounds optional
- 2 cups of kale and spinach mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pie crust ready to use or homemade
- 2 small pie baking dishes
- Use two small pie baking dishes and cover them with the pie crust. Use a fork and punch few holes in the bottom this will allow the crust to cook. Reserve some of the pie crust for decoration.
- To prepare the pie filling use a bowl, crack open the eggs and whisk. Add the milk and whisk again. Season with salt and pepper to taste and combine.
- Add the ham, the serrano slices and the spinach and kale mix and whisk all together.
- Pour the egg filling in each of the pie dishes and decorate with twists made from the remaining pie dough.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until the crust and the top are golden brown.