This post is also available in: Español
The Flan Cake recipe is a sponsored collaboration with Vitamix® México. All opinions are all mine.
This holiday time we are creating happiness with an incredible Flan Cake for Christmas. A perfect combination of fluffy cake with cinnamon and spices and a creamy vanilla custard. All done in a single slice. This flan cake is perfect to offer a dessert made with love and full of tradition.
Watch the video so you see how easy it is to make this Flan Cake for Christmas.
The flan cake recipe has been made with simple ingredients, such as ready to use cake flour, spices, cinnamon, eggs, condensed milk, fresh milk, and caramel. But my secret for better results the . A fabulous and smart blender with many features that help us be more efficient in the kitchen. Like the five program settings for smoothies, hot soup, dips and spreads, frozen desserts and automatic cleaning. Yes, this blender cleans itself!
Get to know the details of the Vitamix® Ascent ™ 3500 blender HERE. You will be surprised what this blender can do. I cannot live without it, use it in almost all my recipes.
The holiday season is all about love, acts of kindness and devotion to our traditions and culture. At home, we have traditions that we have adopted as a family but everyone has also brought their own dishes and cultural traditions for everyone to enjoy.
My husband and his family are from Cuba, and for the Christmas menu, we have roasted suckling pig, yucca with olive oil and garlic and congri. A delicious rice cooked with black beans and Caribbean spices. I am Mexican and I like to serve romeritos with mole, nopalitos and shrimp pancakes, cod vizcaína or bacalao that my grandmother Alicia liked so much, Mexican-style Christmas salad, fruit ponche, and a sweet flan cake.
I like to put a nice table with my white china, and . This year I chose those inspired in the Nutcracker. Crackers are an English tradition that I learned when I was little because in Mexico I attended English school during my elementary school years. My English and music teachers were British and they taught us many of the Christmas carols in English and their traditions for Christmas. So I like to remember my childhood including Christmas Crackers.
Now my Cuban family asks for Christmas crackers every year and they are anxious to know what design and what game we will do before eating dessert. It’s fun because when you open the box it includes a crown and toys. In addition to a piece of paper with instructions. Everyone does an activity according to what the paper says. This breaks the solemnity at dinner and makes us all participate together at the table before gift giving time.
Without a doubt, our Christmas menu is varied and made with love and dedication. Many of the dishes we enjoy at Christmas are recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. This Christmas create happiness cooking delicious dishes for your family and ask in your letter to Santa a Vitamix® Ascent ™ 3500 blender to prepare flavorful recipes for many years to come, not just Christmas.
Flan Cake or Impossible Cake
- 1 box ready to use spiced cake mix
- 9 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup caramel or cream soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 cups sugar
- Start by making the caramel. For that pour the sugar in a pot and cook until sugar is diluted and caramel color. Use a bundt cake pan and add oil spray, then pour the caramel to the pan. Distribute evenly.
- Make the flan or custard using the Vitamix® Ascent ™ 3500 blender. Add first the evaporated milk. Then the six eggs, vanilla extract, and condensed milk. Close the blender and when it clicks is safe to blend. Set on #5 turning the dial clockwise. Blend for 30 seconds. Pour the flan mix to the bundt cake pan and set aside.
- Proceed to make the cake by adding the cake mix to a mixing bowl. Add the ground cinnamon, 3 eggs, milk, caramel or cream soda, corn oil and whisk until you get a nice batter.
- Add the cake batter on top of the flan evenly. If the two blends together do not worry when the cooking process is started the two mixes will separate.
- Use a round tray big enough to fit the bundt cake pan. Add water and cook the cake on this water bath inside the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. When done let it rest inside the fridge preferably overnight.
- Take the cake out to the pan when ready to display and eat.
- Place cake in a nice serving dish.
- Decorate with sugar Christmas motifs and enjoy.