This post is also available in: Español
Love winter time because I can make favorite hot drinks like this Mexican Hot Cocoa with Roasted Marshmallows. And since I am also a Star Wars fan I decided to put together a fun spread of treats for padawans, rebels and dark side characters.
Watch the video and check out how the Mexican Hot Cocoa and the Galactic Pancake Ice Cream sandwiches are made.
My husband and I are fans of this saga since it started many years ago in the seventies. We have watched all the movies and cannot wait to check out the new movie Star Wars: The Last Jedi this weekend. This time we are having our grandson joining us, so thought would be nice to prepare few treats before heading out to the movies.
My menu consists of hot and cold items. Yummy galactic pancake ice cream sandwiches appropriate for Jedis and Siths. And a Mexican Hot Cocoa with cinnamon paired with marshmallow lightsabers and topped with whipped cream. And there is nothing better than to serve the hot cocoa than in a themed Star Wars goblet. I love Chewbacca and my husband Darth Vader so this were perfect finds to include in our Star Wars feast.
The galactic pancake ice cream sandwiches include fresh berries, red, black and blue to honor the colors of the Force and the Dark Side. Plus vanilla ice cream and star sprinkles to go along with the theme. The Mexican hot chocolate I added a bit more of cinnamon for a spicy note inspired in the thrill of the Star Wars Saga.
The best thing of this feast is that all ingredients can be found easily on Amazon or at your local super market. I have found that simple things made with love and a bit of creativity can help making memories with those we love.
Mexican Hot Cocoa with Roasted Marshmallows
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 Mexican chocolate tablets
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups water
- whipped cream optional
- In an aluminum jug add the evaporated milk, cinnamon, honey and water. Let the milk boil.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and add the Mexican chocolate bars. Use a wooden milk frother to combine the milk with chocolate.
- Continue mixing with the manual frother or use an electric one to create a foamy chocolate.
- For making the lightsabers, use long wooden pins and insert one by one the small marshmallows. Roast using a kitchen torch.
- Serve the Mexican hot chocolate and garnish with a roasted marshmallow lightsaber and whipped cream.