This post is also available in: Español
Celebrate the end of the summer with a tequila lemon roasted pork loin!
This pork loin recipe is a sponsored collaboration with the National Pork Board, with whom I have been teaming up with to create delicious and nutritional pork recipes all summer long going through Hispanic Heritage Month. The tequila lemon roasted pork loin is inspired by the famous margarita cocktail. Using tequila reposado and citrus juices to make a flavorful dish that is ready in forty minutes.
Learn about the National Pork Board’s “Pork Es Sabor”
Did you know that the National Pork Board kicked off this grilling season with “Pork Es Sabor“? The objective behind this effort is to generate awareness about the key health and flavor benefits of pork. A new National Pork Board study revealed that sales and consumption of pork will continue to increase. It also indicated that pork loin roast is one of the preferred pork cuts in Hispanic and African American households. We can understand this because pork is tasty, and an excellent option to serve as part of our weekly menu and when entertaining at home.
Cook this yummy recipe today!
Shop for a pork loin roast, one yellow lemon, orange juice, tequila reposado for a smoky flavor note, cumin, garlic and Latin spice mix with salt and oregano. Season the pork loin roast with the spices, the orange juice, tequila and lemon slices. Marinade in a vacuum sealed bag inside the refrigerator for two hours for more flavor. Roast in the oven at 325ºF for 40 minutes. The pork loin roast will be ready when reaching an internal temperature of 145ºF. Rest for three minutes before slicing to preserve the juices.
Watch the video for the step by step recipe details
There is no doubt that this tequila lemon roasted pork loin is a hassle free recipe to prepare for an upcoming party or a special dinner with the family and friends. It is simple to make and everybody will be pleased with the flavors and pairings. My suggestion is to serve this tequila lemon roasted pork loin with homemade pinto beans, garlic cilantro rice, avocado slices and spicy habanero pickled onions for a perfect meal.
Pork is a high-quality protein
There are many ways you can enjoy pork’s delicious flavor and its nutritional benefits. Pork is easy to prepare, convenient to cook and you can oven roast it without adding extra calories. For recipe ideas and more information, please visit PorkEsSabor.com and follow along on social media at @PorkEsSabor on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Join the conversation using #PorkEsSabor.
Tequila Lemon Roasted Pork Loin
- 1 pork loin roast 2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon Latin spice mix with salt, black pepper and oregano
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 ounces tequila reposado
- 1 yellow lemon cut in slices
- Place the pork loin in a roasting pan and season it with the spices. Add the orange juice and the tequila. Finally add the lemon slices.
- Roast the pork loin in the oven at 325ºF for 40 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to make sure pork loin roast has cooked. The pork loin roast will be ready when reaching an internal temperature of 145ºF.
- Serve the tequila lemon roasted pork loin with beans, garlic cilantro rice, avocado slices and habanero pickled onions.
- It is recommended to marinade the pork loin in a vacuum sealed bag inside the refrigerator for two hours for more flavor.
- Rest the pork loin roast for three minutes before slicing to seal the juices.
- Pork is a high-quality protein food that you can oven roast without adding extra calories.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Out of stock
Price: Out of stock