This post is also available in: Español
Indulge on Pork Tacos al Pastor this summer!
I am honored to partner with the National Pork Board to share delicious and healthy new recipes like these pork tacos al pastor, a perfect option for grilling season. Pork is a flavorful protein that allows for creativity in the kitchen, as it is available in a variety of cuts and it doesn’t require a lot of seasoning to make mouthwatering dishes.
Pork is flavorful, accessible, convenient to cook and easy to prepare!
Mexican cuisine embraces the numerous cuts of pork, which can be cooked in many different ways to achieve succulent dishes, such as these pork tacos al pastor. Perfect to offer at a family get-together and a parrillada.
Learn about the National Pork Board’s “Pork Es Sabor”
Did you know that the National Pork Board has kicked off this grilling season with “Pork Es Sabor“? The objective behind this effort is to generate awareness about the key health and flavor benefits of pork.
A new research study conducted by the National Pork Board revealed that sales and consumption of pork will continue to increase. It also indicated that lean protein is the meat of choice in Hispanic and African American households. We can understand this because pork is tasty, and an excellent option to serve for our weekly menu and when entertaining.
Include Pork Tacos al Pastor in your grilling menu!
Since we love pork, we decided to use pork loin roast for our pork tacos al pastor because it is tender and a lean cut of pork. We asked the butcher to cut the loin in steaks for tacos. Traditionally, the tacos al pastor are cooked on a “trompo” or so called shawarma, a vertical rotisserie or grilling device that allows the stacking of pork loin steaks. But we decided to use a charcoal grill instead.
Watch the video to see step by step how we made this yummy recipe!
The pork loin steaks are seasoned with a pastor sauce made of annatto paste, orange juice, vinegar, cumin, and oregano. Then marinated, vacuumed sealed, and placed to rest inside the fridge for at least two hours. Packing the pork properly, when transporting in an icebox, helps to keep it fresh as we are starting grilling season with a picnic and cooking outdoors.
You will fall in love at first bite!
There are many ways you can enjoy pork’s delicious flavor and nutritional benefits. For recipe ideas and more information, please visit PorkEsSabor.com and follow along on social media at @PorkEsSabor on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Join the conversation using #PorkEsSabor.
Pork Tacos al Pastor
- 1/3 cup achiote paste
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 pound of pork loin cut into steaks
- Combine all the ingredients for the traditional sauce al pastor sauce using a bowl and a whisk
- Place the pork loin steaks in a bag for vacuum sealing and add the sauce
- Seal the bag and marinade the pork inside the refrigerator for two hours
- Prepare the grill following the safety rules. When the charcoal turns white and with orange tones, the grill is ready to cook
- Place the pork loin steaks and cook on both sides. The pork will be ready when reaches a minimum temperature of 145 ° F
- Remove from the grill and let stand a few minutes. Stack the pork loin steaks and cut finely to make the tacos
- Serve with spicy habanero and pineapple salsa
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $9.99Was: $12.38