This post is also available in: Español
Valentine’s Day dinner menu includes a Strawberry Jalapeño Pork Loin. Made with fresh lean pork loin, strawberry jalapeño preserves, strawberry beer and latino spices. Then served over a bed of field greens and garnished with tangy fresh strawberry jalapeño salsa.
A romantic dinner for two needs to have many elements to set the mood for romance and spice. And this Strawberry Jalapeño Pork Loin has the right balance of sweet and spicy to bring it all together.
Strawberry Jalapeño Pork Loin
- 1 fresh pork loin
- 1 cup jalapeño strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons sazon latino cumin, salt, pepper and oregano
- 1 cup strawberry ale or beer
- 1 cup fresh jalapeño strawberry salsa
- 4 cups field greens
- In a rectangular baking pan add the pork loin and spread with the jalapeño strawberry preserves.
- Season with the latino spices and pour one cup of the strawberry ale.
- Cook inside the oven for 30 minutes at a 450 degrees Fahrenheit. If you love your pork medium rare, you should cook it to an internal temperature of 145 degrees (followed by a three-minute rest).
- If you like your pork a little more done, you can cook to an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Slice and place the cooked pork loin over a bed of field greens and garnish with fresh jalapeño strawberry salsa.
- When cooking pork use spice rubs or fat-free marinades or juice to add additional flavor without adding extra fat.
- The popular and delicious pork ribs and pork loin are great options for grilling or roasting.
- Look for your favorite lean cuts in the meat case. Many of these cuts meet USDA’s guidelines for “lean,” which means they have less than 10 grams of fat per serving, such as the Pork Tenderloin.
- Save the pork drippings for using as a savory sauce to dress the pork.
- Find the recipe for the fresh jalapeño strawberry salsa HERE.
Watch the video to learn how to make this lovely recipe.
For the decor suggesting fresh hot pink tulips with red undertones, red napkins, gold silverware, white plates, glasses with love quotes and Valentines paper napkins. Adding to the set up red candles too. There is nothing more romantic than a candlelight dinner.
Depending on the weather, the setup can be done indoors or for an al fresco experience. Florida is offering us cold pleasant nights so it is always welcome to serve dinner in a lanai or in a balcony for an intimate setting.
For beverage options the suggestion is icy flavored water with fresh strawberries and slices of meyer lemons and a nice merlot wine to pair with the Strawberry Jalapeño Pork Loin dish. This dinner is not heavy and has enough lean protein, fruit and veggies to make it a sensible option to serve your better half.
Pork is flavorful, versatile, healthy, easy to make, accessible and a great value. Today and every day enjoy “El Sabor de Hoy” with flavorful and easy to prepare pork recipes like this Strawberry Jalapeño Pork Loin that is ready in just few minutes.
And for all pork lovers the National Pork Board has invited internationally recognized Latino actor, singer-songwriter and host, Carlos Ponce, to heat up kitchens across America and bring “El Sabor de Hoy” to life with a national sweepstakes giving fans a chance to win a round trip to Miami and meet Ponce as his quest at one of the country’s largest food events, the South Beach Wine & Food Festival. To participate, fans can visit PorkTeInspira.com to enter.
There is no better time than now to enjoy some delicious and flavorful pork recipes. Visit PorkTeInspira.com for recipe ideas and visit your nearest retailer for many budget-friendly pork cuts.