This post is also available in: Español
This shop and the Spanish Salmon Empanadas have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CocinoConKnorr #CollectiveBias
The Spanish Salmon Empanadas are fairly easy to make and so flavorful. The ingredients include ready to use canned salmon, garlic, capers, olives, olive oil, diced potatoes and tomato puree.
The Spanish salmon dish is seasoned with Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken Flavor to give that authentic latino flavor.
The Knorr® Bouillon has been part of my family’s kitchen for generations. It is a staple of our home style cooking and grandma’s beloved Mexican dishes. Find Knorr® Bouillon at your local Walmart at the Hispanic aisle. Or find it on Amazon here at the end of this recipe.
Include Knorr® Bouillon in your recipes to give that irresistible flavor to any dish even if it doesn’t have chicken or beef. Visit KnorrSabor.com for more cooking recipes and tips.
Learn how to make the Spanish Salmon Empanadas by watching the video and following the step by step instructions on the recipe card. The empanadas are flavorful and a traditional option that marries the Spanish and the Latino cultures in just one bite.
You can use the same ingredients to create individual Spanish Salmon Pies for a more upscale presentation when entertaining at home. Prepare a fresh salad to go alongside and make it a complete meal.
Spanish Salmon Empanadas
- 1 tablespoon Spanish olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 can pink salmon ready to use with no bones and skin
- 2 tablespoons Spanish olives alcaparrado with red pimentos
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 cups white potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Flavor 2.2 lb (Granulated Bouillon)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ready to use pie crusts
- 1 egg beaten
- Make the Spanish salmon dish that will be used to stuff the empanadas. Add olive oil to a pan and sauté the garlic, the onions and the salmon.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and season with Knorr® Tomato Bouillon with Chicken Flavor to add that authentic latino flavor.
- Cook the salmon until potatoes are tender and let it get cold before preparing the empanadas.
- Extend the pie crust and cut circles. Stuff each with the Spanish salmon dish, seal with egg wash and bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown.
- Serve the empanadas hot and pair with your favorite salad or the flavorful Knorr® Black Bean Salad
Stay connected with us, we are publishing delicious lent recipes each week.