This post is also available in: Español
This recipe for the Spiny Lobster Tacos is part of a sponsored campaign with TABASCO®. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Lobster Tacos are a favorite dish served in El Rosarito, a coastal beach place located in the Baja California area south of the border in Mexico.
These seafood tacos are made with the fresh catch of the day and grilled the classic way. With direct flame and wood fire. The side dish for the tacos is delicious black beans and salsa taquera.
These tacos are to die for. The seasonings are very simple letting the seafood be the protagonist of the dish. I am a lobster lover. Sounds fancy but it is so good and flavorful when cooked correctly.
It is worth it to pay the price to enjoy such delicacy at home. Taking the flavor profile of the famous tacos from Baja I decided to create my own version but using spiny lobster from Florida.
While searching for fresh lobsters for the tacos, The spiny lobster flavor is sweet and goes perfect with the tacos. Florida spiny lobster season begins in early August every year and runs through the end of March.
Incredibly delicious grilled spiny lobster for tacos.
The spiny lobster is now in season, so I was very lucky to get four lobster tails fresh and ready for me to season and grill over charcoal to get even more taste.
I wanted the tacos to have a buttery spicy flavor so I prepared a clarified butter with garlic and TABASCO® green pepper sauce. It is so simple to make but makes the difference to the bite providing a mild buttery flavor. A perfect combination with the sweetness of the lobster and the corn tortilla.
When I organize taquizas at home I like to provide different meats and choices. So having a seafood taco is a great addition to my festive menu. In that way, I have something to offer for everyone in the party. Because taquiza is that, simple carefree parties where we gather to eat, drink micheladas and enjoy the evening. Cheers!
- Charcoal Grill
- Cutting board
- Seafood Shears
- 4 spiny lobster tails
- 4 squares of real butter
- 2 teaspoons of sazon latino (with garlic cumin, black pepper and salt)
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 tablespoon of garlic puree
- 2 tablespoons of TABASCO® green pepper sauce
- 12 street taco corn tortillas
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- 2 in limes cutquarters
- Clean the lobsters and with special scissors cut the top. Then pull the meat up and set aside.
- Season the lobsters with one butter square each and with one teaspoon of sazon latino.
- Grill with medium to low heat for 3-4 minutes until getting a pink color. Take out of the grill and set aside. Pull out the grilled lobster meat and cut in medium size pieces.
- Prepare the green butter garlic sauce first clarifying the butter on a saucepan with low heat. When melted add the garlic puree, the TABASCO® green pepper sauce and the sazon latino and whisk.
- To make the tacos set three warm tortilla in a plate, add the grilled lobster and drizzle with the green butter garlic sauce. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with limes and salsa taquera.
- Spicy Mango Pineapple Chutney Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Squash Blossom Quesadillas Recipe - November 10, 2022
- Juicy Veal Burgers Recipe - July 20, 2022
Looks delicious! Never had lobster tacos, but I do love a good shrimp taco! Thanks for posting such an easy, doable recipe!
I love soft tacos and crustaceans! The nearest thing to this that I have tried is in an ILoilo restaurant serving soft tacos with shrimps. I miss that.
Lobster is so fancy! I am not sure what the allure is, but these do sound delicious.
Wow. There is no chance this will taste bad. Love how pretty this dish is. Yummy!
Two of my favorite foods paired? Yes, please! This recipe looks amazing. Definitely adding it to the menu in the very near future.