This post is also available in: Español
The Christmas Wreath Mini Buttermilk Pancakes was sponsored by Southeastern Mills as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
The holidays call for made from scratch bites like this Christmas wreath mini pancakes thanks to Southeastern Mills baking mixes.
We are in love with how easy it is to prepare gourmet-style buttermilk pancakes using Southeastern Mills Buttermilk Pancake Mix. It is as easy as opening the package, pouring the flour into a jug, adding one cup of water, and voilà, ready to make mini pancakes. We decorated them, mimicking a Christmas wreath with homemade whipped cream and seasonal fruit.
Southeastern Mills baking and gravy mixes are must-haves in the kitchen!
We enjoy the versatility of the Southeastern Mills as we can prepare more than biscuits and gravy. There are many unconventional ways to use the Southeastern Mills mixes. We like to get creative in the kitchen using seasonal ingredients, and that is how the Christmas wreath mini pancakes came together.
Check out other tasty recipes, such as the peppered turkey tenderloin paired with Southeastern Mills Peppered Gravy Mix and roasted potatoes. This gravy mix makes a wonderful creamy veggie soup too. Perfect for the holidays when the weather calls for comforting dishes.
And who doesn’t love warm biscuits or cornbread? We make a magical cornbread skillet with homemade vegetarian chorizo that is fabulous to serve as an appetizer or breakfast.
The holidays do not have to be complicated. Make the Christmas wreath mini buttermilk pancakes.
The Christmas mini pancakes we are suggesting today are so simple to put together. The stunning buttermilk pancake bites are perfect for tea time, an impromptu brunch, or eating as snacks with the family. These are the tips on how to prepare the best buttermilk pancakes at home.
Head over to your local supermarket and shop for Southeastern Mills Buttermilk Pancake Mix.
Include in your list beautiful berries, such as raspberries and blueberries. Plus green grapes and pomegranates.
We used germinated sweet lemon basil from our garden to garnish the buttermilk pancakes. But if you cannot find it, use mint leaves instead.
The whipped cream for decorating the Christmas wreath mini pancakes requires to be stiff for piping and creating a nice presentation. We used two piping bags and two tips (one French tip and one round tip).
The whipped cream comes together with heavy cream, vanilla, confectioner’s sugar, stabilizing or stiff components such as cornstarch, gelatin or agar-agar, pudding mix, or milk powder.
Before decorating the buttermilk pancakes, place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Keep them moist by spreading some butter and allowing them to cool. This will prevent the whipped cream from melting.
Pipe the whipped cream with the round tip first. Make a circumference around the mini pancake to form the wreath.
Incorporate the fruits and pipe the whipped cream to finish the wreath using the French tip—finish garnishing with lemon basil or mint leaves.
Organize a holiday tea party for two or four!
Surprise your family with made from scratch Christmas wreath mini buttermilk pancakes. This pancake recipe is perfect for small gatherings.
The whipped cream and the pancakes are possible to make ahead of time and allow for different plating and serving styles.
Make this buttermilk pancake recipe your own, adding the fruits of your choice and even thinking in savory applications.
The mini savory pancakes are called blinis. One famous serving suggestion includes smoked salmon, cream cheese, and caviar.
We like to make Southern pimento cheese spread and use it on savory mini pancake appetizers. Everyone loves them!
Christmas Wreath Mini Pancakes
- Mini pancake pan
- A whisk
- Pour Measuring Pitcher
- Measuring cup
- Piping bags
- French piping tip
- Round piping tip
- Tweezers tongs
- A stainless steel spatula
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Serving tray
- Stand Mixer
- Mixing bowl
For the pancakes
- 170 grams Southeastern Mills Buttermilk Pancake Mix (1 full packet)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For the garnishes
- 8 raspberries
- 8 blueberries
- 8 green grapes
- 16 pomegranate seeds
- 8 sweet lemon basil leaves
For the mini pancakes
- Pour the package of Southeastern Mills Buttermilk Pancake Mix into a measuring pitcher or a mixing bowl. Add the water and mix using a whisk. The batter shpudl be smooth but not runny.
- Preheat the mini pancake pan and add nonstick oil spray. The skillet must reach at least 375F. Test the temperature using water. If it sizzles, the griddle is ready.
- Pour the pancake mix into each of the mini pancake rounds. Turn when the bubbles form, and cook until golden brown.
- Place the cooked pancakes on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and spread some butter on each.
- Decorate the pancakes piping the whipped cream
For making the whipped cream
- Sift the confectioners' sugar before using.
- Place the mixing bowl and the whipping tool for a few minutes. Another option is to create a double chiller adding ice to a big bowl, and chill by placing the mixing bowl and the whipping cream tool on top. Make sure to keep the heavy cream cold.
- Pour the cold heavy cream into the chilled mixing bowl and whip on high until it doubles. Add the confectioners' sugar slowly. Then incorporate the vanilla powder and the cornstarch.
- Keep the whipped cream inside the fridge until ready to pipe. Fill the piping bags with the whipped cream and keep them cold using a bowl with ice while doing the piping work.
- The whipped cream for decorating the Christmas wreath mini pancakes requires to be stiff for piping and creating a nice presentation. We used two piping bags and two tips (one French tip and one round tip).
- The whipped cream comes together with heavy cream, vanilla, confectioner’s sugar, stabilizing or stiff components such as cornstarch, gelatin or agar-agar, pudding mix, or milk powder.
- Before decorating the buttermilk pancakes, place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Keep them moist by spreading some butter and allowing them to cool. This will prevent the whipped cream from melting.
- Pipe the whipped cream with the round tip first. Make a circumference around the mini pancake to form the wreath.
- Incorporate the fruits and pipe the whipped cream to finish the wreath using the French tip—finish garnishing with sweet basil or mint leaves.