This post is also available in: Español
This shop and the Mexican Avocado Toast recipe have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VidaAguacate #ToastYourHeritage #CollectiveBias
A Mexican Avocado Toast to celebrate Hispanic heritage is the perfect bite to start the day with a yummy breakfast or to enjoy for a quick lunch or after working out. This special toast is made with Avocados From Mexico, always delicious, always fresh. Bimbo® Bread, a hard-boiled egg cut in slices, one chopped red tomato, julienned jalapeño , cooked cactus nopalitos and Tabasco® Green Jalapeño Sauce.
This Mexican Avocado Toast is inspired by the tasty avocado toast trend but merging Mexican culture and its authentic flavors with the representation of my country’s flag. For me, it is important to recognize Hispanic Heritage month as it is the perfect timing to educate my family about my Mexican culture and traditions. And there is no better way than to do it with delicious food.
Watch the video and learn how easy it is to make this Mexican-inspired avocado toast!
MEXICAN AVOCADO TOAST
- 1 avocado from Avocados from Mexico
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco® Green Jalapeño Sauce
- 2 slices of Bimbo® Bread toasted
- 1 jalapeño cut in juliennes
- 1 hard boiled egg peeled and cut in slices
- 1 red tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon cactus nopalitos cooked
- 2 cilantro leaves
- Cut the ripe avocado from Avocados from Mexico in halves and scoop the flesh of one into a plate. Mash using a fork. Add Tabasco® Green Jalapeño Sauce for a dash of spice.
- Toast the Bimbo® Bread slices and spread equal amounts of the avocado mash to each.
- Start forming the Mexican flag colors by adding the jalapeño juliennes, then the hard-boiled egg whites and finally the chopped tomato.
- For the symbol add in the middle a slice of hard-boiled egg, garnish with cactus nopal strips and finish with a cilantro leaf.
- Repeat the same process for the second toast and enjoy with your favorite family member or friend.
Creating easy recipes like this Mexican Avocado Toast allows the opportunity to step outside of the box and make something creative. In this case the Mexican flag, a patriotic symbol that is very important for us Mexicans.
The Mexican flag has three colors: Green, represented by the avocado mash and the jalapeño. White, made with slices of cooked egg whites. And red, using chopped red tomatoes. And the symbol is an eagle eating a snake and perched on top of a cactus plant. This is represented by the hard-boiled egg and the nopalitos.
The flavors on this avocado toast go really well together. And then adding avocado combined with Tabasco® Green Jalapeño Sauce makes for a bright and delicious bite.
For the toast, Bimbo® Bread is a must. I grew up with this brand and it provides the authentic flavor of my favorite Mexican classics.
There is no doubt that Avocados From Mexico are delicious and so versatile. Always there to help us celebrate our culture and traditions.