This post is also available in: Español
May is my birthday month, and I want to celebrate with you by baking this Cara Cara orange mini bundt cake desserts.
Inspired in my mom’s recipe for citrus orange sponge cake I baked the Cara Cara orange minis. My mom loved this orange cake that had an exceptional orange glaze made with fresh orange peels and orange juice — baked in a classic ring cake pan that I still have after all these years. Looks like a big donut and it is a lot of fun using it for baking cakes.
Cake equals to sharing happiness.
Having cake and sharing it is a special gesture, especially if the cake has Cara Cara orange real juice!
There is a belief that when you eat cake and share it with others, you are also sharing happiness.
My mom loved hosting dessert parties with coffee and cake. And her favorite recipe was an orange sponge cake dessert that she taught me how to bake.
I am sure she would be proud be with my version that resulted in a delightful Cara Cara orange mini bundt cakes, covered with cream cheese frosting, and a fresh orange glaze — finished with beautiful edible flowers and dehydrated orange slices.
My mom’s special guests to the afternoon coffee and cake soirees included female friends and my aunts. I miss those days dearly. As having them visit was a happy time for everyone.
Especially on my birthday, everybody would come and eat cake with me. I miss having my family and friends from Mexico around and sharing a slice of homemade cake and a good cup of coffee with them.
Made it to the fifty plus and I am celebrating with Cara Cara Orange Mini Bundt Cake Desserts!
This year I accomplished another milestone. Reaching the fifty plus hasn’t been easy but in a positive note, I am grateful for what life has given me. I have survived difficult situations and all an all I am healthy.
That is why I want to celebrate and share my mini bundt cake desserts virtually with you all. Help me celebrate another year and pray for me and my future.
That is the best gift I could receive. Giving me the gift of hope and good omen, while enjoying the Cara Cara orange mini bundt cake desserts with me.
Bake the Cara Cara Orange Mini Bundt Cake Desserts and share them with those you love.
Cara Cara Orange Mini Bundt Cake Desserts
- Bundt cake mold
- Cooling rack
For the cake
- 1 box angel cake mix
- 1 box white chocolate pudding mix 3.4 oz box
- 1/4 cup milk can be almond milk
- 1/3 cup cooking oil recommend corn oil
- 1 cup cara cara orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cara cara orange peel
- 3 eggs
- 1 baking spray
- 1 pot cream cheese frosting
For the Orange Glaze
- 3 cups confectioners sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon orange essence
- 1/4 cup cara cara orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cara cara orange peel
- 1 box edible flowers
- 6 slices cara cara oranges dehydrated
- Prep the oranges by washing them with running water and peeling and juicing. Then add all the ingredients of the list into a bowl and mix with the hand mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Spray the bundt cake pan with baking spray and scoop the cake dough. Bake the mini bundt cakes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes. You can use a wooden pick and insert if the pick comes out clean the cupcakes are ready.
- Prepare the orange glaze mixing all ingredients using the hand mixer and set aside. Warm the cake frosting in the microwave oven for 5-7 minutes and set aside.
- Remove the excess cake and do not discard. You can use those scraps for making ice cream sandwiches or whoopie pies. Place the mini bundt cakes in a rack and drizzle with the cream cheese frosting.
- Then drizzle with the orange glaze, decorate with edible flowers and dehydrated orange slices. Place the cakes in a box and bring them to a picnic, your office, or anywhere and share the love.
- Spicy Mango Pineapple Chutney Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Squash Blossom Quesadillas Recipe - November 10, 2022
- Juicy Veal Burgers Recipe - July 20, 2022
Happy National Dessert Day Adriana! What a cute way to celebrate it!
My sister is a baker and she would just love this recipe. The photos were absolutely stunning!
I’m a super duper sucker for cream cheese frosting so, this is a MUST for me. Thank you for sharing! Perfect fall treat, hopefully I can get my 3 kids to help me in the kitchen!
Happy birthday. I feel so guilty being on a no sugar diet now. I cannot share some cake with you for some afternoon tea. However, I promise to learn to make these mini bundt orange cakes just like you did so I can share the happiness. Where on earth does one buy edible flowers?
Cara Cara oranges are my favorite. I’ve never thought to bake with them so I can’t wait to give this recipe a try. It’s perfect for fall.