We are presenting the menu for the best Halloween party at home. Includes witch-themed party bites, monster pizzas, and devilish eggs!
Halloween is perfect timing to get creative and plan for a small gathering with the family. That is why we have created the best Halloween party bites to get you into the spooky season.
All ingredients are easily found at the supermarket to save time and avoid the hassle. And the best thing of all is that all the family can get involved in preparing the Halloween feast.
Making theme party appetizers is easy!
Sometimes we think that making appetizers can be labor-intensive. We can still find many pre-made options that make our lives easier when planning for witch-themed food and party bites, making kid-friendly monster pizzas and delicious devilish eggs.
The witch-themed food includes edible cheesy brooms and a fun witch face hummus dip with blue corn chips. Deviled eggs make perfect appetizers. We made a devilish version with Sriracha sauce, mayo, and a spooky mustard version with black olives simulating eyes and spiders.
And for the kid-friendly Halloween pizzas, we used pre-made round flatbreads, canned pizza sauce with our touch of spices, Italian cheese mix, turkey pepperoni, and pumpkin shaped cheese slices.
Follow our tips on how to create the best Halloween party bites and ghoulish appetizers!
First, plan your Halloween menu thinking on your family’s favorite meals and ingredients. I chose many of the components thinking about them. Some of my monsters love pizza, others love cheese, and others are hummus fans. Me, I enjoy spicy foods and crunchy textures too. All the menu items for the best Halloween party menu incorporates that criteria.
Gather around the table and let everyone in the family decide the menu and get creative. The ideas presented today can help as a thought starter. Make a budget and look for promotions and sales that way you do not go overboard reducing stress.
Add to your menu seasonal fresh options and fruit. Do not focus too much on sweets and cakes, include them but do not make them the center of the meal. Have fun creating the appetizers for the best Halloween party food.
Every Halloween party needs witch-themed food, so why not making hummus dip witch platter and edible brooms!
This hummus witch face is super easy to set up. I purchased commercial classic hummus, but you can make your own too. To achieve a round face, we used a ring. For the eyes, we used black olives and green stuffed olives. For the eyebrows and the mouth, we used a serrano pepper. And the pointy nose is a pickled red pepper.
The hair is finely shredded carrots. We shredded one big carrot by hand to achieve a wavy hair effect. However, carrot sticks work too. The makeup is ground paprika and the hat comes together using blue corn chips.
The broom appetizers have string cheese, pretzels, and chives. This appetizer is the easiest to make. We cut the string cheese in segments and inserted a pretzel stick. Secured cheese with chives. With scissors, make small cuts to create the broom strings. These cheesy brooms are fun to make and so yummy too!
We believe a Halloween party menu must include fruits and vegetables. Mandarins are now in season, and the shape serves to create a little pumpkin. I asked my helpers to peel the mandarins and insert fresh dill pieces to simulate the pumpkin stem. These fruit pumpkins are cute and add color to the food board.
A spooky Halloween party deserves devilish eggs too!
Hard-boiled eggs make wonderful appetizers. We made a mustard batch and a spicy option too. The mustard we topped with a black olive cut in half and strings to make a little spider. The spicy version is little devils using peppers for the horns and sliced green olives. The devilish eggs we set them up on a bed made of fresh dill for a more realistic look.
And since everyone loves pizza we made petite monster pizzas for all.
These pizzas come together using small round flatbreads, pre-made pizza sauce with a touch of Italian spices, turkey pepperoni, pumpkin shapes, gouda cheese cutouts, olives, and Italian cheeses.
The menu can include store-bought party favors with Halloween candy bags, hibiscus flower agua fresca, sodas, and drinking water. Buy some Halloween-themed cupcakes at the bakery, and you will be ready to party in no time. Wishing you all a Happy Halloween at home!
Best Halloween Party Bites
- Round ring
- Pairing knife
- Piping bag and tips
- Mixing bowls
For the Hummus Witch
- 2 cups hummus
- 1 pickled pepper
- 1 green olive cut into rounds
- 1 black olive cut into rounds
- 1 serrano pepper cut into three segments (two eyebrows, one mouth)
- 1 carrot finely shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups blue corn chips
For the cheesy brooms
- 3 cheese sticks cut in halves
- 6 prezel sticks
- 6 chives
For the mandarin pumpkins
- 6 mandarins
- 6 sprigs dill
For the devilish eggs
- 6 hardboiled eggs cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the monster pizzas
- 4 round mini flatbreads
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1 pinch Italian spices
- 2 slices gouda cheese
- 2 slices turkey pepperoni
- 3 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese mix
- 2 black olives cut into slices and triangles
- 2 green olives cut into slices
- Using a serving plate and a ring to form the hummus witch face. Place the ring in the middle of the plate and scoop the hummus. Fill the ring to the top and remove it. Spread the hummus to make a face shape using the back of a spoon. Place the shredded carrots around the face to simulate the hair. Put the eyes, the lips, and the nose in place. Finish sprinkling some paprika to simulate face make up. Form the hat using the blue corn chips.
- Cut the cheese string into segments of the same size. Insert in each cheese segment a pretzel stick. Secure the cheese using chives. Cut the broom tail twigs using the scissors to create the witch's broomstick.
- Cook the eggs following the recipe for hardboiled eggs available on this site. Cut the eggs in halves, and remove the yolks. Mash the yolks and separate the same amount into two bowls. Prepare the spicy version combining the yolks with sriracha sauce, the mayo, salt, and pepper. Fill a piping bag with the preparation and refrigerate. Prepare the mustard option following the same process. Fill the egg whites using the piping bag. Garnish the mustard version with black olives to form spiders. And use the green olives and the pickled peppers to make the little devils. Serve over a bed of fresh dill.
- Place the round flatbreads in a baking sheet. Add some pizza sauce. For the angry pumpkins, add a slice of gouda cheese, pieces of black olives, and Italian cheese. For the little monsters, add the shredded cheese, pepperoni, and green olives. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes and serve hot.
Have you tried this recipe? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram and or Facebook using the handle @adrianasbestrecipes, and this hashtag #ABRecipes Happy Eats!
- Spicy Mango Pineapple Chutney Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Squash Blossom Quesadillas Recipe - November 10, 2022
- Juicy Veal Burgers Recipe - July 20, 2022
There are so many great tips in here! Can’t wait to make this with my neighborhood friends this year for Halloween at home!
Now, this sounds like the perfect Halloween menu! Definitely going to be making some of these for my party at home!
There’s nowhere else I need to go for Halloween party food! What an incredible collection. Thanks for the wonderful ideas and inspiration!
All these treats are ingeniously made. They are so appetizing, cannot wait for Halloween at home!
What a fun spread for Halloween! Definitely perfect for celebrating. I absolutely love those Mandarin Pumpkins!