This post is also available in: Español
This recipe for the bell pepper egg breakfast was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central,
This is the Best Bell Pepper Egg Breakfast!
Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. The meal you choose is what is going to set how the day will go. I like to
We chose Florida bell peppers to make a fabulous bell pepper egg breakfast inspired in the classic Mexican ranchero eggs with a twist. Florida has a fantastic array of produce and fruits that enhance the meals I serve my family as I am using seasonal and fresh ingredients grown in my state.
Supporting local farmers is a good idea as this helps the local economy as well as assures a good supply of fresh options we can bring to the table. Plus Florida farmers make it easy for us to eat fresh produce too.
Florida farmers do take pride in cultivating and taking care of the fields by practicing sustainability and delivering the best seasonal produce possible at the correct price and available when the fruits and veggies are at the peak of the season.
Currently, we can find at the local supermarkets and farmer markets Fresh From Florida bell peppers, squash, and sweet corn all now in season in Florida.
If you live in Florida, look for this fresh produce and make a variety of different recipes, including my recipe for the bell pepper egg breakfast. You need Florida green bell peppers, local farm eggs, salsa verde, and salsa roja, petals of nasturtium, and a pinch salt with paprika and black pepper.
Ready to make this yummy breakfast recipe?
Bell Pepper Egg Breakfast
- Cutting board
- 1 Florida Bell Pepper green and cut in thick rounds
- 2 eggs
- 1 cooking oil in spray or regular cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon salsa roja
- 1 pinch salt, paprika and black pepper to taste
- 2 slices toasted bread optional
- 1 edible nasturtium optional
- Cut the green bell peppers in thick rounds and remove the seeds.
- Spray some cooking oil to a skillet and add two cut bell pepper rounds.
- Crack two eggs on separate bowls and drop the eggs inside the bell pepper rounds.
- Add some water and cover to cook for a few minutes depending on how cooked you like your sunnyside up eggs.
- Serve with green or red salsa on the bottom and garnish with a fresh nasturtium. Add a pinch of paprika, salt, and black pepper to taste.
Follow the Fresh on social media to get the scoop on what is in season in the sunshine state. They have other resources and Fresh! recipe videos too. Get the scoop on the bell pepper recipes that Fresh From Florida recommends here.