This post is also available in: Español
The Mexican Style Stuffed Florida Bell Peppers recipe was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however, all opinions expressed are my own.
Delightful Meatless Recipe for Mexican Style Stuffed Florida Bell Peppers
Sometimes we do to realize how much produce bounty we have locally that is why I wanted to make this Stuffed Florida Bell Peppers showcase what Florida farmers have in store this season.
Meet the star of this Mexican style recipe: the delicious Florida Bell Peppers!
There is no doubt that Florida farmers and those cultivating bell peppers make it easy for us to eat fresh produce year-round and making fabulous Mexican style recipes. You can Follow The Fresh by visiting their site HERE.
While browsing the site for seasonal produce information found many fabulous recipes. And one in particular that caught my eye: the Taco-Stuffed Florida Bell Peppers created by Chef Justin Timineri, an international culinary ambassador representing the state of Florida.
I used his recipe as an inspiration to create Mexican Style Stuffed Florida Bell Peppers with a meatless twist. How many times we have leftover rice and beans at home. I do not like to waste food. That is why I look for options on how to repurpose leftovers. And this recipe is the perfect option for that.
The stuffed peppers recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes!
This Mexican style recipe has four ingredients and two Mexican spices. It is ready in less than 30 minutes and you can enjoy as a main dish served over a bed of greens and topped with pico de gallo (optional) or as a side dish. I purchased all my ingredients at Publix, where you can find many of the Fresh From Florida produce just look for the label.
You can also find Florida grown produce in other supermarkets and local farmers markets too. Florida bell peppers are grown in various counties. Such as Palm Beach, Dade, Collier, Hendry, Lee, Martin, Hillsborough, Manatee, Sumter, and Alachua. Florida produces around 30% of the national bell pepper acreage per University of Florida reports.
Serving the Mexican style bell peppers on a bed of greens for a full meal.
Florida bell peppers season goes from January through May and back again in November and December. You can learn more about what is the seasonal produce from Florida visiting Fresh From Florida site HERE.
Shopping at Publix for Fresh From Florida Produce and all the ingredients for this Mexican Style stuffed bell peppers.
But before you go try our Mexican Style Stuffed Florida Bell Peppers recipe today. Watch the step by step recipe tutorial below and follow the recipe card instructions. The Florida bell peppers are delightful!
Mexican Style Stuffed Florida Bell Peppers
- 5 Florida bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup grilled sweet corn from Florida
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon de sazón latino or chicken bouillon
- 1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheese or vegan cheese
- Clean the Florida bell peppers with running water. Remove the core and the seeds.
- Prepare the rice stuffing mixing the rice with the beans and the sweet corn. Season with the spices.
- Stuff the peppers and add cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot and you can pair with fresh pico de gallo and greens (optional)
- The sweet corn is recommended to grill it for better flavor.
- Buy Florida sweet corn it is now in season!
- You can use canned black beans or homemade.
- This recipe is perfect for repurposing leftover rice and beans.
- This dish can be served as a side or as a main dish.
- Replace the cheese with vegan cheese.