This post is also available in: Español
This queso fundido or melted cheese recipe is a sponsored collaboration with California Cheese.
The queso fundido or melted cheese is a classic Mexican appetizer made with real cheese and melted inside a clay pot on the grill.
The melted cheese goes with warm flour tortillas and or corn chips. At home, we do the queso fundido with chorizo or roasted poblano pepper strips too. People think it is complicated to make, but it is not!
What is the secret for the best queso fundido or melted cheese Mexican style?
The trick for the best-melted cheese Mexican style is to use the correct cheese and melting it at low flame to avoid overcooking.
The best cheese for making this melted cheese is a good quality grated jack or a Mexican style manchego cheese easily found in Hispanic stores.
This recipe for the queso fundido on the grill has a few ingredients, such as grated Jack cheese from Real California Cheese. Roasted poblano peppers cut in strips, serrano peppers, and nonstick cooking spray.
All ingredients are placed in a small clay bowl and cooked over the grill on the low heat spot. After a few minutes, the cheese will melt and enjoyed with warm flour tortillas.
This cheese appetizer is perfect for grilling season, as it is simple to make and with no fuss.
The queso fundido is very popular in Mexico. It is one of those that you will find on the menus on many local taquerias as a welcomed treat by all.
As an immigrant, I always crave for my Mexican cuisine flavors and having brands that cater to my culture is very important.
California produces more than 25 varieties and styles of Hispanic-style cheeses bearing the Real California Cheese seal, which certifies they are natural cheeses made in California exclusively from California milk.
Using Hispanic California dairy products is an easy way to elevate everyday meals and add an authentic touch. Many California dairy products sell nationally, and most California dairies are family-owned.
When you look for the Real California Milk seal, you know that your dairy products are 100 percent California milk from more than sixteen hundred California’s family-owned dairy families.
That is why I invite you to try Real California Cheese and prepare this is a delicious queso fundido appetizer in your next family gathering.
Make the Mexican Queso Fundido and celebrate National Cheese Day with us!
Queso Fundido on the Grill
- clay bowl appropriate to cook at high temperatures
- gas grill
- 4 cups of grated Jack cheese from Real California Cheese
- 2 poblano peppers roasted and cut in strips or juliennes
- 1 serrano pepper cut in halves
- 1 non-stick cooking spray
- 1 bag corn chips or 4 warm tortillas
- Spray non-stick cooking oil to your clay bowl; this will allow the cheese not to stick on the bottom.
- Then add 2 cups of the grated cheese in each bowl and top with poblano strips and serrano chiles cut in halves.
- Turn on your grill let it get to 400 degrees, place the bowl and close the grill for 5-7 minutes.
- Open and check again, when the cheese is bubbling is ready to serve.