This post is also available in: Español
Cheer with a refreshing Italian Pink Lemonade this Valentine’s Day!
For fun, I found these Valentine’s themed glasses that are perfect for serving the Italian Pink Lemonade. Plus who doesn’t like to say “I love you” without actually verbally saying it?
Italian Sodas not that Italian
American Italian restaurants are very well-known for offering Italian sodas. A beverage inspired by the Italian citrus
But you might ask, what the difference between a regular soda drink and an Italian soda.
The drinks are practically the same with the difference that Italian sodas are made with carbonated water like Pellegrino, fruit juices, and simple syrup.
You can quickly prepare Italian soda at home using homemade ingredients, seasonal fruits, and adding club soda for a fizzy finish.
Facts about Italian Soda
- Italian soda was created by the Torani company thanks to Rinaldo and Ezilda Torre who coined the term “Italian soda” in 1925.
- Italian sodas are not from Italy, these fizzy beverages are an American invention inspired by an Italian citrus drink.
- Most Italian sodas are handcrafted, and the essential ingredients are carbonated water, flavored syrup (made with juice, sugar, and spices), and ice.
Make the Italian Pink Lemonade with Raspberries!
This beverage is a perfect soda drink that everyone loves. Because it has hints of citrus, it is bubbly, incorporates fresh fruit, and it is pink!
We love pink food, it is attractive to the eye and almost always tastes good. Besides pink is the color of the universal love of oneself and others.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Italian Pink Lemonade with Raspberries
- 1 bottle Italian pink lemonade chilled
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Add crushed ice to a glass, add the raspberries and pour the Italian pink lemonade soda.
- You can crush the raspberries and make a puree.
- You can add rose water for fragrant addition.
- Use commercial Italian soda of your choice.
- The drink must be iced cold.