This post is also available in: Español
Delicious Holiday Roasted Veggies with Cranberries, a perfect side dish!
Any menu for the holidays requires to include simple sides dishes that complement the main dishes we are planning to serve. Using seasonal vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, white cabbage florets, and fresh cranberries is a yummy combination.
The holiday roasted veggies we have prepared in the oven, and it is a delicious one sheet pan option. This recipe is straightforward to cook, and it is ready in a few minutes. The broiler setting in an oven and a sheet pan can do wonders when roasting winter vegetables like cauliflower and Brussels sprouts.
Secrets on how to cook cauliflower and Brussel sprouts in the broiler
Both vegetables often are overlooked because the aroma of the cauliflower and the Brussels sprouts when steamed or boiled in water can be pungent and sometimes not pleasant. However, when these winter vegetables are roasted the flavor profile is delicious.
For seasoning the roasted vegetables we have used Latino seasoning mix with salt, cumin, oregano, and ground black pepper. For the broiling process, we need a large tray or sheet pan, and a sheet of parchment paper. The paper facilitates cleaning as well as prevents the roasted vegetables from sticking.
We begin by washing the Brussels sprouts and removing the leaves that do not work and cutting a part of the stem. For the cauliflower, we have cut small florets for a better presentation. Adding the cranberries seems a bit strange. However, these add acidity and balance the side dish very well as they are not sweet.
Place the waxed paper in the sheet pan and add the cauliflower and sprouts. Dress with corn oil and sprinkle with the Latino seasoning mix. Cooked the veggies on the broiler setting at medium heat and when browned remove and then add the cranberries. Set the broiler or grill on high and roast for another five minutes.
Cook the holiday roasted veggies, it is easy!
This roasted veggies side dish is ready in less than twenty minutes. It can be paired with a delicious spicy mustard pork loin dish or with any main dish of your choice. This recipe is simple, and you can adapt according to your taste. This way of cooking Brussels sprouts and cauliflower is delicious. I hope you prepare this side dish at home. It is a colorful and very festive dish!
Holiday Roasted Veggies with Cranberries
- 2 pounds of Brussels sprouts
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of Latino seasoning mix with oregano, cumin, salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of corn oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Wash the Brussels sprouts with running water, remove the withered leaves and cut off a piece of the stem. Do the same with cauliflower, just cut into small florets. Wash the cranberries with water and place in a bowl.
- In a baking sheet, place waxed paper and add the veggies. Dress the vegetables with the corn oil and season with the spices.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and cook over medium heat using the broiler feature. When the vegetables are partially browned, turn and add the cranberries.
- Roast the vegetables with the cranberries for five more minutes over high heat. Serve in a bowl and dress with little olive oil.
- Add the grilled vegetables to your buffet or tableside so that everyone can serve at their leisure.
Products from Amazon.com
- Spicy Mango Pineapple Chutney Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Squash Blossom Quesadillas Recipe - November 10, 2022
- Juicy Veal Burgers Recipe - July 20, 2022
I love, love, love the addition of fresh cranberries! What a great idea, so creative!
Wow!! I am not a brussels sprouts fan, but just thinking of those combinations of spices is making me think I need to try your recipe out. This looks SO good!
I love that sweet and savory combo! So perfect for the holidays!
I absolutely love when veggies caramelize like this. Love Brussel sprouts and cranberries – such a delicious combination.
These look so delicious, what a tasty way to roast the veggies for the festive season!