This post is also available in: Español
Crispy Chicken Taquitos or Flautitas are perfect for any day of the week!
The Crispy Chicken Taquitos or Flautitas are always welcome in a celebratory menu or for a family dinner at home. Everyone enjoys tacos and more if they are made like authentic Mexican taquitos dorados. Made with corn tortillas, shredded chicken, and fried to perfection for a crispy texture.
These taquitos are also known as flautitas. The normal flautas are long, but these are small and a fun appetizer to offer as a snack in a special event, the BIG game football fiesta, or a party at home. These taquitos are excellent options to take to a work potluck or enjoy at a friend’s home before dinner.
Ready to serve the crispy chicken taquitos?
The taquitos are served with finely sliced iceberg lettuce, the real deal guacamole sauce, and Mexican cream or crema Mexicana. A perfect dish to pair with a refreshing agua fresca or an iced cold beer.
When preparing crispy chicken taquitos, the secret to success is to warm or fry the tortillas first.
This is necessary because the tortillas sold in the United States are cold and brake quickly if you try to roll them up for taquitos.
The tortillas need to be hydrated or warmed to roll up perfectly to become a taquito.
Finger-licking Crispy Chicken Taquitos!
Another option is to make your tortillas, but if you can not make them, the commercial tortillas work if you follow the recipe details shown in the video. Since my family enjoys these taquitos, I prepare enough and freeze them.
I wrap them in parchment paper and place them inside a plastic container with a lid. Freeze for 24 hours; when frozen, the taquitos will fry easier and won’t break in the hot oil.
The Crispy Chicken Taquitos are a lovely option for any occasion!
I like to use a combination of peanut and corn oil for frying. That way, I can achieve even frying results. But if you do not have peanut oil, you can use corn oil. Ensure the oil is hot enough, and use a deep frying pan or a fryer.
Are you ready to delight your family and friends with these crispy chicken taquitos? They are finger-licking good!
Crispy Chicken Taquitos
- 1 frying pan
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1 cup peanut oil
- Fry the tortillas in corn oil on both sides. This frying is quick only to warm and hydrate the tortillas so they can be rolled easily without breaking.
- Stuff each tortilla with shredded chicken and roll until you get a taquito. Place on parchment paper and pack well. Put the package inside a plastic container with lid and freeze for at least 24 hours.
- In a fryer or in a deep frying pan add a part of corn oil and another part of peanut oil. Let it heat up and when it is hot, fry the taquitos until golden brown.
- Place the taquitos on a paper napkin to absorb the oil and serve hot garnished with finely sliced iceberg lettuce, real deal avocado sauce and Mexican cream.
- Spicy Mango Pineapple Chutney Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Squash Blossom Quesadillas Recipe - November 10, 2022
- Juicy Veal Burgers Recipe - July 20, 2022
These look amazing! The flavors sounds incredible!
OMG taquitos!!!! I love recipes like this because they are easy and super tasty! We just had cheesy chicken enchiladas the other night so we will have to add these taquitos in for dinner next week!
This is a very interesting recipe that I’m going to try at home! The recipe is simple and the instruction is easy to follow!
I’ve had taquitos at restaurants before, but never tried to make it home! This needs to change. Thank you for this recipe!
Looks so delicious I could eat 10 of these 😉 I love the chicken filling!