This post is also available in: Español
The Chipotle Guava BBQ Pork Back Ribs are always a dish my family appreciates. Because the pork back ribs that I cook for them are always juicy, meaty and with great flavor.
And my family knows my secret for perfect BBQ meals: Smithfield Extra Tender Baby Back Pork Ribs. As this tasty pork ribs are of excellent quality, cut by hand and fresh.
In my Latin kitchen there is nothing better than cooking my traditional dishes with pork using quality meat from the Smithfield brand. Pork is not the same as Smithfield pork, which is why I’m excited to partner with Smithfield on this summer campaign.
Watch the video for the recipe step by step instructions.
Chipotle Guava BBQ Pork Back Ribs
- 1 Smithfield Extra Tender Baby Back Pork Ribs
- 1 cup pink guava jam
- 1 cup pink guava nectar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons smoked chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare the barbecue sauce by combining in a bowl first the dry ingredients and then the wet ingredients. Use a whisk to mix.
- Prepare the pork back ribs by removing the membrane attached to the bone. This helps to make the ribs even more tender and cook evenly.
- Place the ribs in a pan and add the chipotle guava barbecue sauce. Cover with plastic and marinade the ribs for at least 60 minutes inside the refrigerator before grilling.
- Prepare the charcoal grill following safety measures. And when ready add the ribs. The ideal temperature for cooking the ribs is between 250 ° to 300 ° F.
- Place the lid on the grill and let the ribs cook for 50 minutes. You need to open from time to time and baste the meat with more chipotle guava sauce. The ribs will be ready when you can see 1/4 inch of the bone.
- When cooking on the grill you need to have patience. You cannot rush the cooking process.
- To achieve the best results the fire should be moderate and the meat must be baste with the sauce every 15 minutes.
- Covering and regulating the opening of the vent also helps achieve that spectacular flavor the charcoal gives to the meat.
I invite you to learn more about Smithfield brand products. Visit their site SaborSmithfield.com. Where you’ll find more recipe ideas as well as read about the quality and freshness that Smithfield offers. Which explains why this pork meat brand is my favorite.
The cooking technique I suggest for today’s recipe is grilling the Chipotle Guava BBQ Pork Back Ribs in charcoal to give them an additional smoky taste. This recipe is great to prepare in the outdoors, for camping and picnics. Just make sure to bring enough napkins because everyone will end up finger-licking this incredibly delicious pork back ribs.
I hope this recipe has inspired you to organize a barbecue with friends and family at either the local park, the campground or a picnic in your own backyard.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $109.00Was: $119.99
Price: $69.99Was: $79.99