This post is also available in: Español
The chipotle guava pork back ribs are perfect for serving on a campfire, picnic, or when you organize a parrillada at home!
The BBQ pork back ribs are always a dish my family appreciates because the ribs are juicy, meaty, and with great flavor.
And my family knows my secret for perfect BBQ pork ribs. That is why I chose extra tender baby back ribs. This pork cut is of excellent quality and cut by hand.
This BBQ season look for pork ribs at your local store!
In my Latin kitchen, there is nothing better than cooking my traditional dishes with pork using quality meat and my favorite spices and homemade BBQ sauces such as chipotle guava. These BBQ pork ribs are the tastiest cut, so don’t be intimidated. You will love cooking them!
My recipe for teh best BBQ pork back ribs includes a homemade sauce with pink guava jam and nectar, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, smoked chipotle powder, soy sauce, and spices. It is genuinely a fantastic combination that goes perfectly with chicken and salmon too!
The chipotle guava BBQ pork ribs can become part of a picnic feast!
The cooking technique I suggest for today’s recipe is marinating the pork ribs for a few hours or overnight in the chipotle guava BBQ sauce and then grilling them in charcoal to give a fantastic smoky taste.
If you are planning a picnic or love camping, this recipe is great to prepare in the outdoors. Just make sure to bring enough napkins because everyone will end up finger-licking this incredibly delicious BBQ pork ribs.
The chipotle guava pork back ribs are juicy, meaty, and full of flavor!
For a complete meal, I am pairing the BBQ pork ribs with a side of white rice, black beans, roasted onions, orange slices, homemade chile de arbol sauce, and yellow guava mint agua fresca.
The Chipotle Guava BBQ Pork Back Ribs are always juicy, meaty, and with great flavor!
Our tips for cooking the best pork back ribs on the charcoal grill are as follows:
- It is essential to clean the pork ribs and remove the membrane. See the video for details on how to do this; it is a simple thing.
- Marinade the pork ribs for at least 3 hours in the chipotle guava sauce. We recommend marinating overnight to achieve a better flavor.
- When cooking on the grill, you need to have patience. Do not rush the cooking process. Let the charcoal do its thing.
- For the best results, the fire should be moderate. You will know the charcoal is good to go when it becomes white with a little flame inside.
- Baste the pork back ribs with the guava sauce every 15 minutes to keep them moist.
- Covering and regulating the opening of the vent on the grill helps achieve that spectacular flavor the charcoal gives to the meat.
Chipotle Guava BBQ Pork Back Ribs
- Charcoal Grill
- 1 Smithfield Extra Tender Baby Back Pork Ribs
- 1 cup pink guava jam
- 1 cup pink guava nectar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons smoked chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare the barbecue sauce by combining in a bowl first the dry ingredients and then the wet ingredients. Use a whisk to mix.
- Prepare the pork back ribs by removing the membrane attached to the bone. This helps to make the ribs even more tender and cook evenly.
- Place the ribs in a pan and add the chipotle guava barbecue sauce. Cover with plastic and marinade the ribs for at least 60 minutes inside the refrigerator before grilling.
- Prepare the charcoal grill following safety measures. And when ready add the ribs. The ideal temperature for cooking the ribs is between 250 ° to 300 ° F.
- Place the lid on the grill and let the ribs cook for 50 minutes. You need to open from time to time and baste the meat with more chipotle guava sauce. The ribs will be ready when you can see 1/4 inch of the bone.
- When cooking on the grill you need to have patience. You cannot rush the cooking process.
- To achieve the best results the fire should be moderate and the meat must be basted with the sauce every 15 minutes.
- Covering and regulating the opening of the vent also helps achieve that spectacular flavor the charcoal gives to the meat.
I hope this recipe for the chipotle guava pork back feast has inspired you to organize a barbecue with friends and family at either the local park, the campground, or a picnic in your backyard.