This post is also available in: Español
Sometimes you have to indulge and what a great way to do it by preparing this easy and quick cheesecake recipe from my childhood.
For the crust you will need:
- 3 cups of grated graham crackers (use the mixer to grate, consitency is like sand podwer)
- 2 bars of melted butter (you can use your microwave oven to melt, place for few minutes on low to avoid burning)
- cinammon and brown sugar as needed
You can also use a ready pie crust if desired
For the pie filling
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 bar of cream cheese (Neufchâtel or Philadelphia)
- 2 eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 can of pineapple chuncks
Preparation time: 45 minutes. Serves 6 – 8 people. Aproximate cost per person less than $1.00, depending on ingredients market price. You will need a mixer, a round pie pyrex and a deep tray to hold water. Turn on the oven at 400 F. To prepare the crust place the grated graham cookies, 2 spoons of sugat and half spoon of cinammon in a bowl and mix well, then add the butter and using a fork start mixing and combining all ingredients untill you get consistency of a dough. Place this preparation into the pyrex and cover well and cook in teh oven for 7-10 minutes until light brown, take out of the oven and let it cool.
To prepare the pie filling pour into the mixer the condensed milk, the eggs, the vanilla extract, the lemon peel and juice and lastly the cream cheese. Mix all ingredients well. If using a small pyrex alike the ready crust size this mix will serve for filling 2 pie crusts. Before pouring the mix palce the pineapple chunks in the crust then pour the cheesecake filling slowly untill covering the fruit completly.
Cheesecake is as delicate as a flan, to avoid cracking you need to cook with a low flame and provide humidity while cooking in the oven, for that purpose keep oven temperature even at 400 F. Place a deep tray filled with water on the bottom rack of the oven and on the top place your pie, cook for 20-30 minutes until golden brown, do not take out of teh oven immediately, turn off the oven and let the pie rest inside until cool (aprox. 2 hours). You can serve with dulce de leche (caramel) or with chocolate ganache.
- Spicy Mango Pineapple Chutney Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Squash Blossom Quesadillas Recipe - November 10, 2022
- Juicy Veal Burgers Recipe - July 20, 2022