This post is also available in: Español
For Latinos rice is a side dish that is very popular and accompanies many of our typical dishes. Cooking rice is not easy; too much water makes it sticky too little then is not cooked. The secret is to use hot water and add for one cup of rice 2 cups of water or a little less depending on your taste.
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- 2 garlic cloves or 1 elephant clove
- 2 cups of hot water
- Olive oil, salt (prefer to use olive oil extra virgin yellow Italian though you can use corn, sunflower, soy, or any cooking oil of your choice)
Preparation time: 15 minutes. Serves 4 people. Approximate cost per person $1.50. You will need a pan intended to cook rice.
Turn on your stove and heat the water, while you wait prepare the garlic but cutting in slices that you can remove later. Place the pan on the stove, put some oil and sauté the garlic, and add the salt, the rice mix well. Add 1 ½ cups of water, lower the flame and cover. Leave rice alone do not stir wait and check water abortion if needs more use the half cup you saved and cover the pan, do not stir. Wait other 5 minutes and check if rice is almost done turn off the stove and leave pan covered while you prepare rest of your meal, when ready to serve rice will be fluffy and ready to enjoy.
- Spicy Mango Pineapple Chutney Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Squash Blossom Quesadillas Recipe - November 10, 2022
- Juicy Veal Burgers Recipe - July 20, 2022