This post is also available in: Español
“Disclosure: The information and samples have been provided by Zevia for the #TheNewSweet promotion.”
During this time of the year that we have temperatures above the 80 degrees Fahrenheit my family craves treats like this strawberry ice that goes perfect to include in lemonades and refreshing soda like Zevia zero calorie soda lemon lime flavor. The addition of fruit to the ice infuses the soda with the flavor of the natural strawberry puree which is a good pairing and it is a nice surprise to the palate. These are the few ingredients you will need to make this ice recipe.
- 10 fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup of water or cranberry juice
Preparation time: 10 minutes plus 2 hours of freezing time. This recipe makes 18 strawberry ice pieces. You will need blender and two trays for making ice preferably those that allow for making decorative ice forms.
Follow these step by step instructions:
- Clean the strawberries and remove the stems.
- Place the strawberries in the blender, add the water or the juice and blend until getting a smooth puree.
- Fill each ice cube slot and place the filled trays in the freezer and freeze for 2 hours.
- Take out few of the ice pieces, place on a nice glass and add the lemon lime zero calorie soda.
I love strawberries and when turned into ice are divine to eat alone as a treat or to add to any soda for making what is also called as a non alcoholic spritzer. This is a fun beverage to serve for a grilling party or any occasion. This is a new way to enjoy soda I recommend it a lot, you and your family will love this beverage to refresh themselves on a hot day.
You can make naturally flavored ice using your favorite fruits and juices and then enjoy with your soda or agua fresca. I liked this ice recipe so much that I will continue exploring other flavors to enjoy this spring and summer.