This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Scott’s . The opinions and text are all mine.
Every year we have gardening traditions that we embrace to beautify our home to express who we are and our own style. After the winter the front of the house and the backyard need a little TLC tu sabes un poco de cariño and to express better who we are my husband and I like to add a splash of color by cleaning, pruning and planting new flowers that add personality to our property as well as curb appeal.
In my childhood at home in Mexico my great-grandmother Doña Carlotita mi querida mamá grande, she loved to do gardening and taking care of beautiful roses she had planted in several different colors. I grew up very close to her and I enjoyed a lot spending time with her explaining me about the roses and the different kinds. I was always mesmerized with her gardening skills and her passion about flowers. The aromas of her rose bushes were incredible.
When I moved to Florida and we purchased our first home having a beautiful jardín was on my list. In Florida it is difficult to grow my great-grandmother’s roses yet we have planted local weather resistant plants that go with our style and do not require so much watering.
Using quality products for gardening is very important to get good results. I like to go to Walmart and purchase plants, gardening products and tools that will allow me to be successful bringing back those gardening traditions to my own home. We all love to have thriving gardens and beautiful landscaping and I am able to accomplish this by using the various MIRACLE-GRO products. For example in the spring to have a beautiful lawn we use SCOTTS Turf Builder. The grass is much more thicker and greener than before. I also use signature clay pots to be able to change flowers depending on the season, using the MIRACLE-GRO Potting Mix allows my pots to grow bigger flowers and plants are flowering more often.
One of the problems that Florida has is weeds, there are many types of weeds that grow in the garden but thanks to products like Roundup Ready-To-Use Weed & Grass Killer I can keep my garden and the base of my trees free of weeds. You just spray the leaves of the weed you want to kill and a few days later they are gone. The good thing is that the product doesn’t spread to the soil so it doesn’t hurt the plants around it which is a great thing.
In the spring to have a lush garden we also use another great product MIRACLE-GRO Shake and Feed. I use this on all my plants. Outside on the flowers, vegetables, shrubs and trees and on my potted plants.
Other projects that I enjoy when gardening is growing vegetables and herbs. I invite you to follow me as my next article will be all about how to create a Mexican Vegetable Garden to be able to prepare fresh salsa that comes directly from your own garden.
And to get you inspired I am giving away TWO sets for TWO lucky winners to plant their own vegetable garden at home this spring.
Giveaway Rules and Regulations
- In order to qualify for the giveaway you need to visit MiJardinalidad.com (available on both English and Español) read about tips to transform your lawn and garden and leave a comment on the TapInfluence comment box at the end of this post about a favorite tip found on Mi Jardinalidad site.
- Entries/Comments that do not follow the submission guidelines will be automatically deleted and invalid.
- Winners will be chosen by tallying up all the entries and then using Rafflecopter to generate a random number.
- You may only enter once per entry method.
- Participants to the giveaway must leave a valid email address on their entry.
- Winner will be notified via email and have 72 hours to respond with a valid mailing address and contact info.
- If there is no response winner will be disqualified and another winner will be chosen at random.
- Open to United States ONLY. Winner must have a valid US address and be 18 years or older.
Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary.
- Prize will be shipped via express mail. We are not responsible for any delays in delivery or lost items.
- Giveaway will close on Monday, May 11, 2015 at 12:00 am EST.
Visit Mi Jardinalidad site to get more ideas and be inspired to express yourself via your own garden.
Remember to always read and follow label directions for the referenced products.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Scotts . The opinions and text are all mine.