This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelimexFiesta #CollectiveBias
My Cinco de Mayo fiesta menu is hassle free and includes family Mexican favorites like beef tamales, drizzled with guajillo sauce and crema fresca. And chicken cheese taquitos garnished with a smoky chipotle tomato sauce. I am also serving passion fruit agua fresca and colorful vanilla cupcakes. Watch the video to get inspired!
These are the ingredients you will need for the sauces:
- 7 guajillo dried peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 teaspoon of Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon of powdered cumin
- 2 cups of water
- Salt to taste
Follow these step by step instructions to prepare the Guajillo Sauce for the Beef Tamales:
- Clean the guajillos by removing the stems. Peel the garlic and cut the onion in halves.
- Place the cleaned guajillo chiles, the garlic and the onion on a small soup pan. Add the water and cook for 15 minutes on the stove until chiles become soft.
- Place the cooked chiles with the garlic and the onion inside the blender, add some of the cooking water and mix well until getting a smooth sauce.
- Pass the sauce trough a strainer to remove seeds and get a velvety consistency.
- Season the sauce with oregano, cumin and salt to taste. Keep warm and drizzle on top of a beef tamale then finish with fresh crema.
Now lest’s move on to make the Smoky Chipotle Tomato Sauce for the chicken cheese taquitos.
Smoky Chipotle Tomato Sauce
- 2 jalapeños
- 2 smoked dried chipotles
- 1 big red tomato
- 3 garlic cloves
- half white onion
- 1 cup of water
- Salt to taste
Follow these step by step instructions to prepare the Smoky Chipotle Tomato Sauce for the taquitos:
- Clean the chipotles and the jalapeños by removing the stems. Peel the garlic.
- Place the cleaned chipotle chiles, the jalapeños, the onion and the garlic on a small soup pan. Add the water and cook for 15 to 20 minutes on the stove until chiles become soft.
- Place the cooked chiles with the garlic and the jalapeños inside the food processor, add some of the cooking water and chop roughly until getting a chunky sauce.
- Season the sauce with salt to taste.
- Garnish the taquitos with this chunky sauce and enjoy.
Cinco de Mayo celebration always has been fun for me as it is a day before my birthday so that gives me the chance to celebrate twice in the same week. Since that week can be busy because of so many activities happening the least I want to do is to spend too much time in the kitchen so I decided to choose Delimex products which are perfect for my Cinco de Mayo Fiesta.
These products can be found at Walmart, are convenient and have authentic Mexican flavors. Cooking classic Mexican favorites like tamales and taquitos can be time consuming so this Delimex options are great when craving Mexican food favorites.
At Walmart I also found other fun products to complement my fiesta like a piñata, colorful cupcake liners, and baking ingredients. At home there isn’t a party if we don’t have dessert. That is why I made delicious vanilla cupcakes decorated with colorful sugar. I didn’t complicate myself I bought ready to use cupcake mix and frosting. Just followed the instructions on the package and listo cupcakes were done!
If you want to prepare a family friendly drink for everyone to enjoy I suggest Passion Fruit Agua Fresca made with frozen passion fruit puree. It is refreshing and very colorful.
Come and celebrate with me preparing this easy menu for your upcoming
Cinco de Mayo Fiesta!