This post is also available in: Español
I have been compensated by General Mills and Walmart for this Spinach Avocado Tomato Salad and Soup recipe and post; however, I am sharing my own thoughts and opinions.
Starting the new year with a spinach avocado tomato salad paired with a comforting Progresso Light Chicken Noodle soup. This soup is made with quality ingredients and antibiotic free all white chicken meat. Watch the video for details.
I bought Progresso Light Chicken Noodle soup at Walmart. And you to so the same. Check all the varieties of soup from this brand and pick your favorite. Don’t forget to shop for the ingredients to make this fresh spinach avocado tomato salad too. And make the perfect match serving this yummy soup with salad for a complete meal that is ready in just few minutes.
At the beginning of the year we are still trying to recover from the stress of the holidays and all those rich foods we enjoyed so much as part of the celebrations.
January gives us a new opportunity to regain our routine and prepare simple meals that include wholesome ingredients and fresh options. That’s why this spinach avocado tomato salad is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. And to complete the meal there is nothing better than a bowl of comforting chicken noodle soup.
The winter season invites us to enjoy hearty soups, because soup feels good, it is warm and tasty. Specially if it is made with real chicken meat and good quality ingredients.
In my opinion the meals we offer to our family should be balanced. Include protein, a small portion of carbohydrates and fresh vegetables. Eating a yummy Progresso Light Chicken Noodle paired with a spinach avocado tomato salad dressed with lemon juice and olive oil makes a complete tasty meal. Quick and without sacrificing health.
I enjoy having Progresso Light Chicken Noodle soup handy in my pantry. In that manner I can prepare a meal with real ingredients in a short time any day of the week. Happy 2017, may this year to be delicious sharing wholesome meals together as a family.
Spinach Avocado Tomato Salad
- 1 can of Progresso Light Chicken Noodle soup
- 3 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup of English cucumbers cut in rounds
- 1/4 cup of purple onion cut in rounds
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1 red tomato cut in wedges
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Open the Progresso Light Chicken Noodle soup can and pour into a soup pan. Place in the stove and let it simmer for 2 minutes until the desired temperature.
- Prepare the salad adding first the spinach, then the cucumbers, the tomato, the purple onions and the slices of avocado.
- Dress the salad with lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.