This post is also available in: Español
The recipe for the Spicy Mayo Fish Tacos is a collaboration with McCormick®.
The McCormick® Spicy Mayo Fish Tacos are a yummy idea not only for Taco Tuesday but for a family gathering or to repurpose leftover grilled fish for a weekly meal
Grilled fish tacos are a Mexican cuisine favorite, and a traditional dish served in many towns located on the coast of Mexico where fishing is one of the essential activities in the region, and fresh fish daily basis.
When vacationing on the beaches of the Mexican Pacific coast, I have enjoyed grilled fish, and lobster tacos and those flavors are my inspiration for the spicy mayo fish tacos and using a childhood favorite, the McCormick® Mayonesa con Jugo de Limón.
This mayonnaise was very popular at home. It was never missed in my school torta for lunch and also in my esquites and grilled corn.
Using McCormick Mayonesa con Jugo de Limón is a flavorful way to create delicious sauces. When adding paprika and the kick of the red and black pepper makes the mayo a delicate sauce that can go well with seafood, and for dipping fresh carrots, cucumbers, and celery sticks.
The McCormick® Mayo has the right flavor that feels like home.
For garnishing the mahi-mahi tacos I have combined the McCormick® mayo with smoked paprika, black and red pepper and chopped yellow habanero from my own garden. The fish is seasoned with McCormick® ground cumin, lemon juice and a dash or McCormick® paprika for color and flavor.
The Mahi-Mahi fish or also called Dorado and it is a great fish for grilling has a mild flavor that combines very nicely with the warmth of the smoked paprika and the ground cumin from McCormick®.
And then complemented with the spicy sauce, avocado slices and green onions makes the fish tacos an excellent bite for any occasion.
I know grilling season is coming to an end due to weather conditions, but here in Florida, we can grill most of the year. So preparing these Fish Tacos is a great idea not only for Taco Tuesday but for a family gathering or to repurpose leftover grilled fish for a weekly meal.
Spicy Mayo Fish Tacos Recipe
- 2 Mahi Mahi fish fillets
- 1/2 of a lime
- 1/2 teaspoon of McCormick ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of McCormick® smoked paprika
- 1 pinch of McCormick® coarse ground pepper
- 1 cup of McCormick® Mayonesa con Jugo de Limón
- 1 teaspoon of McCormick ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of McCormick® Hot Shot with ground red and black pepper
- 1 yellow habanero chopped
- 6 warm corn tortillas
- 6 slices of avocado
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onions
- Start seasoning the fish with lemon, cumin, the black pepper and smoked paprika.
- Grill the fish for 3-5 minutes per side on high flame. Mahi Mahi fish cooks very fast so try to not overcook and set aside.
- Then prepare the spicy mayo sauce combining all the ingredients of the list.
- For serving the tacos, stuff the warm tortillas with a slice of grilled Mahi Mahi fish, then add a slice of avocado and garnish with the spicy mayo sauce and chopped green onions.
- This dish is perfect for parties I am sure you will love the flavors and your guests will be surprised with a nice taco bite.
- The grilling technique is the perfect solution when entertaining at home as it allows cooking for a large party while enjoying with everyone aside from the fact that the grill also adds an exceptional flavor to proteins and veggies too.
- Using McCormick Mayonesa con Jugo de Limón is a flavorful way to create delicious sauces and then when adding paprika and the kick of the red and black pepper makes it a delicate sauce that can go well for dipping fresh carrots, cucumbers, and celery sticks.