This post is also available in: Español
The quinoa stuffed avocados recipe is being done in collaboration with Produce For Kids. All opinions are mine.
I love avocados and quinoa so I decided to create a quinoa stuffed avocados recipe with my own personal touch and Mexican flavors. For this recipe I am using Avocados from Mexico, a brand that I admire because they are helping the Produce For Kids campaign at Publix raising funds to fight against hunger in our Central Florida community.
Did you know that 1 in 7 Americans struggle with hunger. This should not be happening in a country that has so much wealth.
That is why I am joining efforts with these organizations and Feeding America® food banks to help raise awareness and I want to invite you join our team.
Quinoa Stuffed Avocados
- 1 cups of cooked red quinoa
- 1 cup of black beans you can use canned low sodium and rinse
- 1 deveined jalapeño chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 2 red tomatoes on the vine chopped
- 1/2 purple onion chopped you can use sweet vidalia if desired
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of sazón latino (cumin salt, oregano)
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 in avocados hass cuthalves and peeled
- 4 leaves butter lettuce you and use packaged salad if desired
- Corn chips optional
- Start preparing the quinoa salad combining all ingredients together on a bowl.
- Cut the avocados and remove the seed and peel.
- In a serving plate add the butter lettuce leafs and the avocado halves.
- Stuff the avocados with the quinoa salad and garnish with corn chips.
- Enjoy this dish immediately after serving.
Yes, you can help too. It is very easy. From June 2 to June 29, look for the Produce for Kids signage in the produce department of all Publix stores.
Buy the products with the Produce for Kids logo. Many great brands are part of this campaign:
- Avocados from Mexico Mexican Hass Avocados
- Buddy Fruits®
- Coast Tropical Mangos
- Crunch Pak® Sliced Apples
- Driscoll’s® Raspberries,
- Fresh Express® Packaged Salads
- HMC Farms/Brandt Farms California Peaches, Plums and Nectarines
- Little Bear Brand®
- Vidalia® Sweet Onions
- RealSweet® Vidalia® Onions
- Marie’s® Dressings
- Wonderful® Pistachios
With the purchase or any of these branded products and produce you will help giving back to Feeding America food bank programs that support children and families here in Central Florida.
Please join the efforts, we all together can fight against hunger in our community!
You can learn more here > Produce for Kids Publix Campaign
Keep up with the latest news on Facebook too: Produce For Kids and Publix Event Page
And if you buy Avocados from Mexico Mexican Hass Avocados make my delicious recipe for Quinoa Stuffed Avocados. This recipe is ready in less than 20 minutes and it is a good nutritious option for lunch or dinner. Having easy dishes like the quinoa stuffed avocados is a smart option too.
Avocados have fiber and contain naturally good fats and are a great substitute for foods high in bad saturated fats. Mexico is the only place in the world where avocado trees naturally bloom four times a year. Producing a year-round bounty of irresistibly rich and creamy avocados. This fruit has unsurpassed quality and a distinctly delicious flavor that is always in season.
I invite you to visit your local Publix store and stock up on avocados and produce from the above list of brands and help us fight against hunger.