This post is also available in: Español
This shop and the Spicy Turkey Picadillo Chiles Rellenos recipe have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LiveForFlavor #VivaLaMorena #AddFlavor #CollectiveBias
Chiles rellenos are another Mexican cuisine classic, so inspired on that recipe I am making today Spicy Turkey Picadillo Chiles Rellenos. These are full of flavor and each bite with delight your tastebuds.
The original chiles rellenos de queso recipe asks for making an egg batter and deep frying. But this Spicy Turkey Picadillo Chiles Rellenos are just baked and you can make them the day before to save time.
Making this recipe for Spicy Turkey Picadillo Chiles Rellenos is a perfect option for a party like Las Posadas. Where having a typical Mexican menu is what is expected for a true celebration of culture and traditions.
Spicy Turkey Picadillo Chiles Rellenos
- 1 tablespoon or corn oil
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey meat
- 1 cup of onion finely chopped
- 3 cups of yellow potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 cup of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 La Morena® Whole Jalapeños 1 jalapeño chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Granulated Bouillon - 2.2 lbs
- 1 cup of hot water
- 4 poblano peppers roasted, deveined and peeled
- 2 cups of seasoned tomato sauce
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese mix
- Start preparing the spicy turkey picadillo first. In a pot add the corn oil and fry the turkey meat. Add the onion, the potatoes, the condiments, the tomato puree, the La Morena® Whole Jalapeños chopped and the Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Granulated Bouillon - 2.2 lbs.
- Add 1 cup of water and combine well and let it cook at medium heat covered until potatoes are tender.
- Roast the poblano peppers, peel and devein. Remove the seeds to tame the heat.
- Place the peppers in a baking pan and stuff one by one with the spicy turkey picadillo. Add the shredded cheese and bake for 20 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve the Spicy Turkey Picadillo Chiles Rellenos with Mexican White Rice and Refried Bayo Beans
And the only way to cook this Chiles Rellenos dish is by using authentic ingredients like Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Granulated Bouillon and La Morena® Whole Jalapeños.
There is no doubt that La Morena® and Knorr® offer quality and flavor that we can count on yesterday, today, tomorrow. It’s great to be able to find my favorite products at Walmart where I bought all the ingredients for this recipe in the Hispanic aisle.
Knorr® and La Morena® products I always keep in my pantry as those allow me to bring back those flavors of home that I am always craving.
La Morena® and Knorr® Bullion are trusted brands that offer high quality. Both are ingredients that you can depend on when crafting delicious meals to bring the family and friends together during this special holiday season.