This post is also available in: Español
This shop and the Mexican White Rice recipe have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LiveForFlavor #VivaLaMorena #AddFlavor #CollectiveBias
Rice is a quaint essential side dish on the Mexican cuisine. We prepare it in so many different ways. But today I am sharing this Mexican White Rice, it is flavorful and so good. You may have had Mexican rice or also called arroz rojo, made with tomato puree and Knorr® Tomato with Chicken Granulated Bouillon.
But Mexican style rice can also be made with no tomato. You just need to season it with Knorr® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Granulated Bouillon and La Morena® Whole Jalapeños. Both my the secret ingredients to add that authentic Mexican flavor that my family loves.
When thinking of a celebratory menu a Mexican white rice cannot be missed. Because is the perfect complement to any meal. Just like refried beans, those are a must have when serving a Mexican meal.
Mexican White Rice
- 1 tablespoon of corn oil
- 2 cups of long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon of Knorr® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Granulated Bouillon - 2.2 lbs
- 4 cups of hot water
- 2 La Morena® Whole Jalapeños
- 3 cups of frozen peas and carrots mix
- In a rice cooking pan add the corn oil and the long grain rice. Sauté for few minutes and add the garlic paste. Combine using a wooden spoon.
- Season with the Knorr® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Granulated Bouillon - 2.2 lbs and add the hot water.
- Incorporate La Morena® Whole Jalapeños and cover to cook at medium heat.
- When rice is ready use a fork and fluff the rice. Then add the frozen peas and carrots mix and cover again. Leave the rice covered in the stove on off and let the peas and the carrots melt. This is done to keep the peas and the carrots bright color.
- Serve the Mexican white rice with your favorite meal.
For Las Posadas I will be pairing this rice with spicy turkey picadillo chiles rellenos to make a complete meal and of course chipotle refried bayo beans.
Many are afraid of cooking rice but is is fairly simple. You just need to be careful to measure 2 cups of hot water per one cup of rice being cooked. Adding more water than the required will make the rice mushy. For a perfect Mexican white rice you need to use long grain rice, garlic, hot water, La Morena® jalapeño peppers and Knorr® Bullion.
Both brands are trusted by many, offer high quality and are ingredients that you can depend on to create delicious meals to bring the family and friends together during this special holiday season.
In my kitchen I always have both, Knorr® and La Morena® products because with them I can cook my traditional dishes without compromising on the authentic taste of my Mexican cuisine. Authenticity is very important for me because the right flavor is what brings me back home.
There is no doubt that La Morena® and Knorr® offer quality and flavor that we can count on yesterday, today, tomorrow. It’s great to be able to find my favorite products at Walmart where I bought all the ingredients for this recipe in the Hispanic aisle.