This post is also available in: Español
A sheet pan hoisin garlic chicken and veggies is my suggestion for celebrating this year’s Chinese New Year, the year of the dog. This is a very simple dish made with chicken breasts, stir fry bagged veggies, broccoli and cauliflower florets, rainbow carrots, sweet peppers and crunchy snow peas. At the store we found a nice ready to use to make this dish even easier to cook.
Watch the step by step recipe tutorial for this Sheet Pan Hoisin Garlic Chicken and Veggies Dish!
In China or also called forbidden rice is a common side to serve with dishes like this sheet pan hoisin garlic chicken and even used for making desserts. This rice is very good, as not only is tasty but has fiber and the highest amount of antioxidants of any rice variety.
Cooking the veggies in a sheet pan is easy. Grilling in them oven adds a roasted flavor that makes the veggies a delightful bite. Same thing with the chicken. Baking instead of adding the calories of frying is a good idea without compromising the great flavor of this sheet pan hoisin garlic chicken and veggies.
I enjoy cooking Asian inspired dishes for my family. That way we can chat about the Chinese New Year and join the celebrations while learning new things. Last year was not a good year for us so we are hoping for good fortune and better outcome on this year that is just starting. I am a dog lover so being this the year of the dog is already a good thing.
Besides preparing sensible dishes is also in order. This sheet pan meal is low in fat and the added veggies and black rice make it a good source of fiber too. You only have to be moderate in the amount of hoisin sauce because it has sodium and sugar. Everything in moderation.
Are your ready to enjoy this sheet pan hoisin garlic chicken?
Remember, Chinese New Year starts this Friday!
Sheet Pan Hoisin Garlic Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts deboned and with no skin
- 1 cup hoisin garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 cups broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 2 cups rainbow mini carrots
- 3 cups stir fry bagged veggies choose those that are shredded
- 10 sweet peppers cut in juliennes
- 1 tablespoon de sazón latino
- 2 cups sugar snaps
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil or oil spray
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the chicken breasts. Season with hoisin garlic sauce and sazon latino and granulate garlic. Bake inside the over for 30 minutes until cooked.
- Use another sheet pan and cover again with another parchment paper sheet. Add the stir fry bagged veggies first, season with some oil and sazon latino. Roast inside the oven on high for five minutes and transfer to a skillet. Do the same with the rest of the veggies.
- Slice the chicken breasts and add to the skillet along with the roasted veggies. Season with hoisin garlic sauce and serve. Garnish with cilantro leaves, sesame seeds and add a side of black rice.
- Can replace the black rice with a side of brown or sticky rice.
- Can replace chicken breasts for chicken thighs fillets. However cooking time will be 10 minutes longer.
- Add few drops of sriracha sauce for son zest (optional).