This post is also available in: Español
The recipe for the Spicy Mayo Fish Tacos was made in collaboration with McCormick®, however all opinions are my own.
Fish Tacos are a Mexican cuisine favorite and a traditional dish served in many towns located on the coast of Mexico. Where fishing is one of the most important activities in the region and fresh fish is caught daily basis. When vacationing on the beaches of the Mexican Pacific coast I have enjoyed grilled fish and lobster tacos and those flavors are my inspiration for the Spicy Mayo Fish Tacos recipe and using a childhood favorite: McCormick® Mayonesa con Jugo de Limón.
This mayo was very popular at home. It was never missed in my school torta for lunch and also in my esquites and grilled corn. Using McCormick Mayonesa con Jugo de Limón is a flavorful way to create delicious sauces and then when adding paprika and the kick of the red and black pepper makes it a beautiful sauce that can go well for dipping fresh carrots, cucumbers and celery sticks. McCormick® Mayonesa con Jugo de Limón has the right flavor that feels like home.
For garnishing the tacos I have combined the McCormick® mayo with smoked paprika, black and red pepper and chopped yellow habanero from my own garden. The fish is seasoned with McCormick® ground cumin, lemon juice and a dash or McCormick® paprika for color and flavor.
Spicy Mayo Fish Tacos Recipe
- 2 Mahi Mahi fish fillets
- 1/2 of a lime
- 1/2 teaspoon of McCormick ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of McCormick® smoked paprika
- 1 pinch of McCormick® coarse ground pepper
- 1 cup of McCormick® Mayonesa con Jugo de Limón
- 1 teaspoon of McCormick ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of McCormick® Hot Shot with ground red and black pepper
- 1 yellow habanero chopped
- 6 warm corn tortillas
- 6 slices of avocado
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onions
- Start seasoning the fish with lemon, cumin, the black pepper and smoked paprika.
- Grill the fish for 3-5 minutes per side on high flame. Mahi Mahi fish cooks very fast so try to not overcook and set aside.
- Then prepare the spicy mayo sauce combining all the ingredients of the list.
- For serving the tacos, stuff the warm tortillas with a slice of grilled Mahi Mahi fish, then add a slice of avocado and garnish with the spicy mayo sauce and chopped green onions.
- This dish is perfect for parties I am sure you will love the flavors and your guests will be surprised with a nice taco bite.
The Mahi Mahi fish or also called Dorado and it is a great fish for grilling, has a mild flavor that combines very nicely with the warmth of the smoked paprika and the ground cumin from McCormick®.
And then complemented with the spicy mayo sauce, avocado slices and green onions makes this Spicy Mayo Fish Tacos a wonderful bite for any occasion.
I know grilling season is coming to an end due to weather conditions, but here in Florida we can grill most of the year. So preparing this Spicy Mayo Fish Tacos is a great idea not only for Taco Tuesday but for a family gathering or to repurpose leftover grilled fish for a weekly meal.
I invite you to discover the world of McCormick® spices connecting with them on their new site http://www.mccormick.com/espanol. There you will find delicious recipes for the holidays and special celebrations, as well as the full range of McCormick® products and cooking tips.