This post is also available in: Español
I just made this sweet treats for lovers inspired in the love I have for my sheltie dog Lady Bella. She loves to spend time with me in the kitchen and when I am producing photography for the recipes I publish.
Bella has also been the subject of some of my stories here at Adriana’s Best Recipes. She’s truly my BFF and faithful companion. Has a kind heart and she is loyal. She’s also playful and mischievous, a sweet and intelligent . I truly feel she makes me a better person because she brings joy and peace to my heart.
Sometimes I get to cook for her, she loves frozen treats specially during the spring and summer months when we have warmer weather. Based on this idea for treats I decided to create sweet treats that are intended for humans not dogs and inspired in the love I have for my Bella.
Sweet Treats for Dog Lovers
- 3 flat breads of your choice or you can also use tortillas
- 1/4 cup of hazelnut chocolate spread
- 1/4 of marshmallow spread
- 1/2 in banana cutslices
- 1 tablespoon of crunchy almond butter
- 3 in strawberries cutslices
- Edible flowers to garnish optional
- Dog paw cookie cutter
- Dog bone cookie cutter
- Cookie baking sheet
- Non-stick oil spray
- Cut the bread using the dog bone and dog paw cookie cutters.
- Spray some nonstick oil on a baking sheet and bake in the oven the flat bread cutouts for 8 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To prepare the sweet paw prints start spreading some marshmallow cream and then add dots of the chocolate hazelnut spread to draw the actual paws. Finish with a slice of banana.
- To prepare the sweet bone treats spread almond butter on each bone, garnish with strawberry slices and an edible flower.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk of with lemonade.
These sweet I made with chocolate hazelnut spread, almond butter, marshmallow spread, strawberries and edible flowers from my garden.
These sweet treats recipe idea is great for playing in the kitchen with the kids. While spending time with them you can teach them cooking skills and instill in them the love for animals. Explaining how our pets are important, why they provide joy, and how our dogs make the house a real home. Because who can live without the love and loyalty of our dogs?
Having a dog at home also helps children learn about kindness and responsibility. As well as the importance of caring for a best friend. I never grew up with a dog.
My mom was not fond of pets but was used to enjoy my time at my uncle Sergio’s home who was a dog owner and I just loved visiting to be able to pet his dog and play.
The name of his dog was Goliath, a white maltese with a bad temper but I just loved him, he passed of old age. Then he had a German Shepherd Guagui, he was such a sweetheart with the children so patient and kind.
Then, when I became an adult and was able to have my own place I finally got to be a dog parent of Hans and Heidi. They lived for eighteen years now they are my angels in heaven. Then Bella came to my life, we adopted her and she became part of the family.
Now our house is complete, we have Bella and also four rescued cats. My husband says I have a pet farm. But I love them all. Hoping you enjoy these sweet treats to make with your kids, these recipes were made with lots of love!