The Shrimp Primavera with colorful veggies recipe is sponsored by I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Make this tasty recipe for shrimp primavera with colorful veggies!
The shrimp, pasta, and vegetables are buttery and delicious. The recipe inspiration came from the classic dish for pasta primavera with butter and sauteed veggies.
And we chose I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® products for making the Shrimp Primavera dish because both the spray and the spread have such delicious buttery tastes and I love that the spread adds that perfect butter taste to the shrimp without the calories (it’s 0 calories per serving!) and I love the tub because it has simple ingredients from plant-based oils, which are good fats and an excellent source of omega-3ALA.
We shopped for I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Original spray at Publix along with all the ingredients for making the Shrimp Primavera dish.
Be the ‘Best You’ with I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter! at Publix!
Head over to Publix and buy the ingredient for making the Shrimp Primavera at home. Add to your cart Florida tiger shrimps, fresh, colorful veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, and tender carrots. Include the fettuccine pasta too.
Find the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Original spray and spread at the dairy aisle. And don’t forget to take advantage of the ‘Best You’ promotion which ends on February 22nd.
The I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Original spray is gluten-free and perfect for quick grilling and for oven roasting. Shrimps can overcook fast, so using the buttery spray not only adds delicious flavor but allows for fast cooking. We use a quick grilling technique, making the cooking process a breeze.
The I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Original spread we used for sauteing the colorful veggies, garlic, and the cooked fettuccine pasta. The result is a fantastic pasta primavera that beats any restaurant-made pasta dish.
Plus, the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Original spread is now certified by the American Heart Association, who recommends swapping out bad fats (saturated fats) with good fats (unsaturated fats). The original spread contains no hydrogenated oils and 70% less saturated fat than butter with 40% fewer calories!
The Shrimp Primavera with colorful veggies is ready in less than 20 minutes!
This recipe for the Shrimp Primavera is simple and takes no time. The pasta, veggies, and seafood are buttery and so tasty. This recipe will become your go-to recipe for weekly dinners and special occasions too.
You can make this pasta dish your own by swapping ingredients and swapping shrimp for chicken or adding grilled salmon or white fish, using the veggies of your choice, or opting for spaghetti or linguini instead of fettuccine.
Tips on how to achieve the best results when cooking the Shrimp Primavera.
- Choose peeled shrimp, preferably jumbo size as shrimp shrinks in size when cooked.
- Spray the shrimp with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Original spray.
- Season the shrimps with a seafood condiment of your choice.
- Use colorful seasonal vegetables with a crunch. We used fresh precut cauliflower, carrots, and broccoli.
- Recommended doing a rapid veggie steaming before sauteing to enhance the colors of the vegetables.
- Cook the fettuccine in boiling water with salt for 10-15 minutes until al dente.
- Chop one or two garlic cloves and sautee with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Original spread along with the cooked pasta, steamed veggies, and grilled shrimps.
- Serve hot, and garnish with fresh parsley.
Shrimp Primavera with Colorful Veggies
- Stovetop grill
- Sauteing pan
- A pasta pot with strainer
- Chopping block
For the grilled shrimps
- 1 pound Florida tiger shrimps jumbo size (15 shrimp)
- 3 sprays I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Original spray
- 1 tablespoon seafood condiment with garlic, pepper, and salt
For the sautee sauce
- 1-2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Original spread
- 4 cups cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots steamed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- 1 preserved lemon sliced in small juliennes (optional)
For the pasta
- 1 box fettuccine pasta
- 10 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Clean and peel the raw tiger shrimps. Place them in a plate and spray them with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Original spray three times. Season with your favorite seafood condiment.
- Cook the shrimp stovetop on a grill pan for 3 minutes on both sides. When the shrimp turn pink they are ready. Do not overcook as they become rubbery. Set aside.
- Add water to a pasta pot and salt. Let the water boil and add the fettuccine pasta. Cook for 10-15 until al dente. Remove from the water and temper with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Steam the raw veggies for a few seconds, temper with cold water to interrupt the cooking process and set aside.
- Chop one or two garlic cloves. In a large sauteing pan add a tablespoon of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Original spread and saute the garlic.
- Add the cooked fettuccine pasta and saute with the garlic and the butter. Then add the steamed veggies and stir again using the tongs. Finally, add the grilled shrimps and cover for a few seconds.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh chopped parsley and preserved lemon juliennes. (optional)
Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Original spread is certified by the American Heart Association®. Heart-Check Certification does not apply to recipes.