This post is also available in: Español
I have been compensated by Barilla and Walmart for this Roasted Veggies Protein Pasta with Protein recipe and post; however, I am sharing my thoughts and opinions.
Cooking with Barilla ProteinPLUS pasta and adding my favorite roasted veggies is like being Best Friends Forever. At home, I like to prepare family meals that are easy to make and support my mission to achieve balanced nutrition in every meal I serve.
That is why I like to use Barilla pasta because this brand offers a variety of pasta that can help any and everyone to achieve their nutrition goals without compromising on taste. With Barilla I can cook super wholesome and super delicious meals always.
Having wholesome dinners like this roasted veggies protein pasta is a perfect addition to the weekly menu. This recipe includes fresh mushrooms like shimeji, white bunapi, shiitake, and portabella. Paired with asparagus, sweet peppers, and garlic.
Roasted Veggies Protein Pasta
- 1 head white bunapi beech mushroom whole
- 1 head shimeji mushrooms whole
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms whole
- 1 cup portabella mushrooms sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus sliced
- 10 sweet peppers sliced
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sazon latino condiment
- 1/2 package Barilla ProteinPLUS pasta spaghetti
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Prep the veggies and place them in a roasting pan. Season with the spices and add the olive oil.
- Roast the veggies in the oven on medium for 5-7 minutes until getting the desired roast.
- Cook the pasta following the instructions in the package. When ready season with some olive oil and a pinch of oregano and sazon latino condiment.
- Serve the pasta in a bowl and add the roasted veggies. Garnish with feta cheese and enjoy.
The veggies are roasted in the oven for few minutes and added to the cooked Barilla ProteinPLUS pasta seasoned with olive oil and oregano.
Then the dish is finished with crumbled feta cheese, which adds a creamy flavor to the earthy combination of roasted veggies. Watch the video and learn how to make this yummy dish.
The roasted veggies protein pasta is a complete meal that is ready in a few minutes. The recipe was made with Barilla ProteinPLUS pasta which is a good source of lean protein from a simple blend of egg whites, grains, lentils and chickpeas.
This pasta provides 17g of protein (per 3.5oz portion) from all natural vegetarian ingredients. It is a good source of Fiber and ALA Omega-3. Plus I was impressed with the delicious taste and texture.
I am glad that all the ingredients for the roasted veggies pasta recipe are available at my local Walmart. I found the Barilla ProteinPLUS pasta at the pasta aisle. And while at Walmart look for the Barilla Gluten Free pasta too. This product has recently been named one of Parents Magazine’s “Top 25 Allergy Free Foods”. If you or any member of your family suffers from allergies, this is a great option. Then grab some Barilla Marinara sauce, and dinner will be ready in no time.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Check on Amazon