This post is also available in: Español
The recipe for the Mexican Beer Paloma Cocktail and this shop have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Constellation Brands. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #SummertimeCerveza #CollectiveBias
A refreshing Mexican Beer Paloma Cocktail is our favorite drink to celebrate the summer with family and friends. This drink is inspired by the original paloma cocktail but with a twist. And for that we chose Corona Light, the 99-calorie light cerveza. A tradition on my Mexican table and we serve it paired with delightful spicy foods seasoned with citrus juices and other Mexican condiments. This cocktail is a delight and helps preparing the appetite before having a meal.
Watch this video so you know how to make this yummy Mexican Beer Paloma Cocktail with Corona Light Beer and Casa Noble Tequila Blanco.
Mexican Beer Paloma Cocktail
- 1 tablespoon liquid chamoy
- 1 tablespoon fine granulated pink salt
- 4 cups crushed or frappe ice
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces tequila blanco Casa Noble
- 1 bottle Corona Light beer iced cold
- 1 pink grapefruit sliced
- 1 lime sliced
- 2 decorative wooden sticks for cocktails
- You will need two glasses. Both will have a frosted rim made with liquid chamoy and pink salt. This addition gives an even more authentic flavor to the cocktail as chamoy is a very Mexican seasoning.
- Make the savory rim, pour the liquid chamoy in a dish and in another the pink salt. Dip the edge of the glass first into the chamoy and then on the pink salt.
- Add enough crushed or frappe ice to each glass and pour an ounce of white tequila per glass. Our favorite tequila is Casa Noble.
- Pour some of the grapefruit juice in each glass and finish with iced cold Corona Light beer.
- Garnish the cocktail with a slice of fresh pink grapefruit and a slice of a lime inserted into a decorative wooden stick.
This Mexican Beer Paloma Cocktail has grapefruit juice, crushed ice, Casa Noble tequila blanco, pink salt, liquid chamoy, lime slices, grapefruit slices and Corona Light. This drink is an excellent choice for your next barbecue at home.
The light and soft taste of a pilsner lager style beer goes perfect with white tequila and grapefruit juice. This cocktail is tasty and perfect for a hot day. Without a doubt the combination of flavors transports you to a paradisiacal beach 0n the coast of Mexico.
Corona Light has always been a favorite cerveza for my family as it is an excellent light beer. My husband loves Corona Light, he always asks for it when we go out to eat and we buy it when we organize gatherings at home. Or for those days when we enjoy soccer matches on the TV. Corona Light is always present on special occasions, such as our wedding reception and many birthday celebrations.
In every party that I organize, besides choosing the best food and the favorite music, I also like to serve special drinks. And this Mexican Beer Paloma Cocktail is always a success. You can serve this cocktail with a light entree like blue and white corn chips and a creamy green spicy avocado salsa to dip. Both options are prepared with the authentic taste of Mexico.
The ingredients for this yummy cocktail and Corona Light are available at most stores nationwide. When shopping look for Corona Light available in bottles and cans. Both with a new image. I love the new design, looks modern and with my favorite colors: white, blue and yellow!
Take advantage of this offer available in the Checkout 51 app > Save $3.00 on Chips/Pretzels when you purchase one 12-pack or larger of Corona Extra/Light and $3.01 in Chips/Pretzels. Click on the image to enter the Checkout 51 app. Then go to “Beer, Wine & Spirits” section and grab the offer.
And now that you know everything about Corona Light make this fabulous Mexican Beer Paloma Cocktail and celebrate with us the beginning of summer. Cheers!