This post is also available in: Español
Presenting our best pineapple recipes for pineapple day!
There are so many reasons to love pineapples. Pineapples are sweet, have a beautiful Caribbean aroma and represent hospitality. Florida is famous for it’s pineapple hospitality and we Mexicans love to be good hosts too. Besides pineapples or ananas make a beautiful ingredient for creating savory and sweet applications to make the best pineapple recipes.
It is well known that ananas have nutritional properties and are high in soluble and insoluble dietary fiber such as pectin. The pineapple fruit contains a proteolytic enzyme called bromelain that helps digests food by breaking down protein and has anti-inflammatory properties. Plus it is an excellent source of vitamin C. And the pineapple keeps on giving. Save the crown, remove some of the green leafs at the bottom and any fruit flesh left. Plant the crown in the garden or in a pot with fresh soil. And see it grow again!
Let’s celebrate the power of the pineapple by making our best pineapple recipes!
- Grill pastor quesadillas called “Las Gringas” made with flour tortillas, grilled pineapple, pastor pork, and cheese.
- Whip a frozen pineapple margarita. Made with fresh pineapple sorbet and served with organic tequila, cheers!
- Make pineapple chamoy ice pops or paletas. With a little spicy and a lot of sweet.
- Pickled pineapple! This is perfect option for adding to a summer menu and use as a garnish or as an appetizer.
- Pineapple and shrimps are a perfect combination why not making pineapple shrimp stir fry this summer.
- End the meal with a creamy pineapple coconut rice pudding or pineapple cheesecake, both truly delightful.
Set up your table accordingly. Now you are ready to party!
Products from Amazon.com