This post is also available in: Español
Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Guinness. This is my official entry to the Guinness Blonde BBQ Challenge. All opinions expressed are mine.
Summer is still in full swing and grilling Beef Tenderloin Burgers is what we recommend. This recipe is our featured dish for the month of July. And of course a good burger is best when is shared and paired with a full bodied beer such as the NEW Guinness® Blonde™ American Lager.
This beer is the newest member of the Guinness family and has been brewed using the Guinness tradition and the finest American ingredients resulting in an American lager beer with floral and citrus notes and a unique malt flavor.
The character of this beer is complex yet very well balanced between the the long malt and biscuity finish flavors characteristic of the Guinness brand.
This being such a special beer in my opinion the best way to pair it is with high quality beef from Omaha Steaks, sharp American cheddar, white mushrooms, jalapeño mustard and grilled jalapeño slices. This combination has as a result a tantalizing Beef Tenderloin Burger that is full of flavor and goodness!
- 2 beef tenderloin burgers from Omaha Steaks
- 2 slices of sharp American cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of sliced white mushrooms
- 1 jalapeño cut in slices
- 2 teaspoons of jalapeño mustard (1/2 cup of mustard, 1 pickled whole jalapeño, 1 garlic clove)
- 2 hamburger buns of your choice (used Kaiser rolls with sesame seeds)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time: 30 minutes. You will need a grilling pan or a grill if you prefer to cook the burgers outside.
Follow these step by step instructions to prepare the Beef Tenderloin Burgers or watch the video below.
- Thaw the burgers inside the fridge a day in advance or follow the instructions on the Omaha Steaks box.
- Place the hamburgers on a plate and season on both sides with cumin for a touch of smokiness, salt and pepper.
- Place the grilling skillet on the stove and grill the hamburgers from six to seven minutes on high on each side.
- Add the mushrooms to the grilling hot skillet and sauté for 5 minutes. Do the same with the jalapeños and place these cooked ingredients in a plate.
- On the blender add 1/2 cup of mustard, one garlic clove, and one whole pickled jalapeño, blend until getting a puree consistency.
- Warm the burger buns for few minutes in the oven, cut in the middle and get ready to build the burger.
- Spread some of the jalapeño mustard on the bun, then add the grilled burger, one cheddar cheese slice, and top with mushrooms and jalapeños.
Serve these juicy Beef Tenderloin Burgers with the famous Guinness Potato Chips and a cold glass of the new Guinness® Blonde™ American Lager. This is a very nice meal to tantalize the most demanding palates.