This post is also available in: Español
This shop and the macaroni chiles rellenos recipe have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GustoNestle #CollectiveBias
Two of my guilty pleasures collide to make delectable Macaroni Chiles Rellenos. Garnished with vegetarian chorizo, cheddar sauce, cotija cheese and pico de gallo. This is one of the easiest recipes I have ever made with the help of STOUFFER’S® Family Size Mac and Cheese. This macaroni has the perfect balance of cheese and creaminess making the bite a wonderful addition to my Hispanic Heritage Month party.
There is no doubt that STOUFFER’S® Family Size Mac and Cheese and the array of NESTLÉ® products make my time in the kitchen so easy and hassle free. Because who wants to be all day in the kitchen and then host a party for family and friends. This recipe for the macaroni chiles rellenos is ready in less than 30 minutes. Perfect for entertaining at home.
Macaroni Chiles Rellenos
- 1 package of STOUFFER'S® Family Size Mac and Cheese
- 4 roasted and peeled poblano peppers
- 1 cup of commercial cheddar cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup of cooked vegetarian chorizo
- 1 tablespoon of Cotija cheese
- 1 cup of salsa pico de gallo
- Cook the STOUFFER'S® Family Size Mac and Cheese following the package instructions.
- In the meantime the macaroni cooks, roast the poblano peppers, peel and remove seeds and vein. Also at this time cook the vegetarian chorizo and prepare the pico de gallo.
- In a baking pan add some cheddar sauce and place the poblano peppers on top.
- Stuff the poblanos with the macaroni. And garnish with the vegetarian chorizo and the Cotija cheese. Put inside the oven for other 5-7 minutes and let the sauce warm.
- Serve the Macaroni Chiles Rellenos and pair with fresh pico de gallo.
In my style of cooking I enjoy integrating truly American favorites with my Mexican flavors. And my family really likes this flavor profile. Because I am serving something that it is familiar paired with a traditional Mexican flavors. Allowing me to introduce them to something different and talk about culture and my latino heritage.
Hispanic heritage month started last September 15 and goes through October 15th. I invite you to go to your local Walmart and grab STOUFFER’S® Family Size Mac and Cheese available at the freezer aisle.
Purchase there the poblano chiles, vegetarian chorizo, tomatoes, serranos, onions, cilantro, canned cheddar sauce and the Cotija cheese and prepare this yummy Macaroni Chiles Rellenos ready in minutes.
While shopping at Walmart take advantage of the ibotta rebate too. And grab other yummy favorites. Like NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi Sweet Morsels perfect for baking and sweet treats. NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA® Sweetened Condensed Milk, the main ingredient for my famous strawberry horchata.
NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA® Dulce de Leche just drizzle on hotcakes or crepes and enjoy. And NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Liquid Coffee Creamer. This never fails in my fridge. My morning coffee gets flavored everyday with my special creamer.
If you need recipe ideas and inspiration check out NESTLÉ® Flavorful Moments Pinterest board. They have so many options and cool ideas to get inspired without spending too much time in the kitchen too!