This post is also available in: Español
My family and I like classic carrot cake and decided to use my old-time favorite recipe to prepare this easy carrot cupcakes to offer during Easter brunch. This recipe for carrot cupcakes you will love specially if you are a fan for spices like cinnamon and allspice and the luscious cream cheese frosting. Then these carrot cupcakes are a must try and can be offered anytime since carrots are available mostly all year.
For the cake mix:
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of sifted all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of allspice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 cups of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of golden raisins
- 12 cupcake liners
For the cream cheese frosting
- 1 package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese 1/3 less fat at room temperature
- 1/3 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 cups of confectionary sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 12 sugar bunnies to decorate
Preparation time: 45 minutes. Makes 12 cupcakes. Cost per cupcake less than $0.70 cents. You will need a cupcake pan, measuring spoons and cups, a spatula and a mixer.
Follow this simple steps to prepare this easy carrot cupcakes recipe:
- Turn on the oven at 350 grades Fahrenheit. In a mixing bowl add the sugar, the vegetable oil, and the eggs. Beat on medium using the mixer until combining all the ingredients. Then add the sifted flour slowly and continue beating with the mixer, add the baking soda, the salt, cinnamon, allspice and the vanilla and beat for another minute.
- Pour the shredded carrots into the bowl and slowly with the spatula incorporate the ingredient to the cake batter. Finally add the pecans and the raisins and again slowly add these two last ingredients to the cake batter.
- Place the cupcake liners in each of the cupcake spaces in the pan. With a large spoon scoop the batter and add to each cupcake. Put inside the oven and bake for 30 minutes. When ready take out of the oven and let them cool.
- Prepare the frosting using the mixer by softening the cream cheese and then adding the butter, flavor with the vanilla extract, add the confectionary sugar slowly and add the milk. You can add more milk if you desired a runny frosting just be mindful frosting has to be creamy and firm for better results.
- Cover each cupcake with the cream cheese frosting and decorate with chopped pecans and sugar bunnies.
This recipe you can prepare with the kids who can help you with the frosting and decorating of the carrot cupcakes. In my opinion any party needs a dessert and this easy carrot cupcakes recipe is one of those you need to include in your repertoire.
Have a blessed Easter celebration!