This post is also available in: Español
The Vol Au Vents are a traditional French puff pastry that is hollow in the center and you can add savory and sweet fillings. These bite sized appetizers are perfect for parties and afternoon tea. Being spring a cheerful season I thought would be appropriate to prepare Vanilla Blueberry Vol Au Vents with a dash of orange peel preserves for an upcoming girlfriends afternoon tea party that I will be hosting at home to welcome spring. I do not like to complicate things in the kitchen so these dessert bites are perfect to serve and so simple to make, because I am using products that are pre-made and easy to find at the local store.
Vanilla Blueberry Vol Au Vents
- 12 ready to use puff pastry vol au vents
- 1 package of vanilla pudding mix
- 12 fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of orange peel preserves
- Bake the puff pastry vol au vents following the instructions in the package.
- Prepare the pudding mix following the instructions in the package and set aside.
- Remove the center of the puff pastry vol au vents using a knife and reserve.
- Stuff the puff pastry vol au vents with the vanilla pudding, add a dash of orange peel preserves and one fresh blueberry.
- Place on a nice dish and refrigerate until ready to serve.
My grandmother is the one that introduced me to vol au vents. She was a restaurant owner and many times she was hired to cater for fancy dinners. And vol au vents were one of those favorite appetizers that she would include in the menu. She would prepare all this fancy fillings going from salmon to caviar and cream cheese.
She had a professional baker in her team so she’ll make the puff pastry from scratch but me I am not really a baker so I try to use ready to use puff pastry. When I saw the ready to bake vol au vents at the store immediately thought of making a sweet version or my Grandma’s favorite appetizers but using vanilla pudding, fresh blueberries and orange peel preserves, all easily available at the store.
Hosting an afternoon tea party is very simple and can be a lot of fun. You can ask your guests to come dressed up and even wear a hat. The table setting is very important too, buy fresh flowers or cut some of your garden and add a variety of teas and sweeteners from honey to sugar free like stevia, as well as cream for those that like English tea service. Your finger foods should include sweet and salty and you can include colorful tea cups and napkins.
Making easy finger foods like these delightful Vanilla Blueberry Vol Au Vents will be a sweet surprise for all your guests and a special way to welcome spring.
- Spicy Mango Pineapple Chutney Recipe - November 17, 2022
- Squash Blossom Quesadillas Recipe - November 10, 2022
- Juicy Veal Burgers Recipe - July 20, 2022
Que delicia, muchas gracias por la excelente receta Yummy!
Luce sencillo pero elegante, como para una tarde de te con las amigas!
I am also not much of a baker, so I too look for the premade pastry shells for things like this. I love the combination of blueberries and vanilla here–such a classic and delicious combination!
This looks super sophisticated! These are perfect to impress guests! Thank you for sharing! 🙂
That is a great looking pastry. I love that it has blueberry and vanilla too. Good flavors to mix.