Christmas Wreath Mini Pancakes
The holidays call for made from scratch Christmas wreath mini buttermilk pancakes with homemade whipped cream, fruit, and sweet basil leaves.
For the pancakes
- 170 grams Southeastern Mills Buttermilk Pancake Mix (1 full packet)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For the garnishes
- 8 raspberries
- 8 blueberries
- 8 green grapes
- 16 pomegranate seeds
- 8 sweet lemon basil leaves
For the mini pancakes
Pour the package of Southeastern Mills Buttermilk Pancake Mix into a measuring pitcher or a mixing bowl. Add the water and mix using a whisk. The batter shpudl be smooth but not runny.
Preheat the mini pancake pan and add nonstick oil spray. The skillet must reach at least 375F. Test the temperature using water. If it sizzles, the griddle is ready.
Pour the pancake mix into each of the mini pancake rounds. Turn when the bubbles form, and cook until golden brown.
Place the cooked pancakes on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and spread some butter on each.
Decorate the pancakes piping the whipped cream
For making the whipped cream
Sift the confectioners' sugar before using.
Place the mixing bowl and the whipping tool for a few minutes. Another option is to create a double chiller adding ice to a big bowl, and chill by placing the mixing bowl and the whipping cream tool on top. Make sure to keep the heavy cream cold.
Pour the cold heavy cream into the chilled mixing bowl and whip on high until it doubles. Add the confectioners' sugar slowly. Then incorporate the vanilla powder and the cornstarch.
Keep the whipped cream inside the fridge until ready to pipe. Fill the piping bags with the whipped cream and keep them cold using a bowl with ice while doing the piping work.
- The whipped cream for decorating the Christmas wreath mini pancakes requires to be stiff for piping and creating a nice presentation. We used two piping bags and two tips (one French tip and one round tip).
- The whipped cream comes together with heavy cream, vanilla, confectioner’s sugar, stabilizing or stiff components such as cornstarch, gelatin or agar-agar, pudding mix, or milk powder.
- Before decorating the buttermilk pancakes, place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Keep them moist by spreading some butter and allowing them to cool. This will prevent the whipped cream from melting.
- Pipe the whipped cream with the round tip first. Make a circumference around the mini pancake to form the wreath.
- Incorporate the fruits and pipe the whipped cream to finish the wreath using the French tip—finish garnishing with sweet basil or mint leaves.
Calories: 403kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 5gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 266mgPotassium: 158mgFiber: 1gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 1111IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 130mgIron: 1mg