Queso Fundido on the Grill
The queso fundido is a classic Mexican appetizer made with real melted cheese cooked inside a clay pot on the grill. Perfect for national cheese day.
- 4 cups of grated Jack cheese from Real California Cheese
- 2 poblano peppers roasted and cut in strips or juliennes
- 1 serrano pepper cut in halves
- 1 non-stick cooking spray
- 1 bag corn chips or 4 warm tortillas
Spray non-stick cooking oil to your clay bowl; this will allow the cheese not to stick on the bottom.
Then add 2 cups of the grated cheese in each bowl and top with poblano strips and serrano chiles cut in halves.
Turn on your grill let it get to 400 degrees, place the bowl and close the grill for 5-7 minutes.
Open and check again, when the cheese is bubbling is ready to serve.
Calories: 1385kcalCarbohydrates: 70gProtein: 62gFat: 97gSaturated Fat: 47gCholesterol: 201mgSodium: 1755mgPotassium: 525mgFiber: 7gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 2206IUVitamin C: 97mgCalcium: 1860mgIron: 3mg