Virginia Ham with Pineapple and Cherries
This Virginia Ham is the Easiest Recipe Ever. We are using a smoked ham shank, honey glaze, pineapple rounds, and cherries. This ham feeds a big crowd, and it is delicious.
- 1 smoked ham shank 10 pounds
- 1 cup water
- 1 can pineapple cut in rounds
- 1 container maraschino cherries
- 10 wooden picks
For the glaze
- 1 cup granulated honey
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup orange pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon essence or a cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon clove essence or 2 cloves
Place the ham in a baking pan and add 1 cup of water. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
Prepare the glaze by mixing all ingredients and cooking stove top. Keep whisking until getting a thicker glaze.
Take the ham out of the oven and drizzle with the honey glaze. Use a brush to cover the ham shank evenly.
Bake the ham shank for another 5 minutes and decorate with pineapple and cherries. You can use wooden picks to make sure the pineapple and the cherries stay put.
It is recommended to saute the pineapple rounds with some glaze to add an amber color for presentation purposes.
- The trick for a god glaze is to let it reduce and thicken.
- Make sure to reserve some for serving tableside.
- Do not overcook the ham shank as it can dry quickly.
Serving: 0gCalories: 500kcalCarbohydrates: 0gProtein: 0gFat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0gMonounsaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgPotassium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gVitamin A: 0IUVitamin C: 0mgCalcium: 0mgIron: 0mg