Thai Shrimp Ceviche
A yummy Thai Shrimp Ceviche for enjoying with friends this football season. It is a simple appetizer to make, with fresh ingredients and ready in few minutes.
- 1 package of Flatout Bread cut in triangules
- 1/3 cup of Asian seasoning with black sesame seeds, dried ginger, black pepper, cayenne pepper
- 6 dried salted shrimps
- 1/2 cup of Meyer Lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of orange juice
- 1/3 cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon of fresh garlic paste
- 1 cup of purple onion chopped
- 2 cups of shredded carrots
- 2 cups of English cucumbers cut in thin rounds
- 2 red sweet peppers chopped
- 1 yellow sweet pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup of green onions chopped
- 2 serrano peppers chopped
- 5 mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 pound of frozen precooked shrimps medium size
First cut the Flatout Bred in triangles using a pizza cutter. Place the pieces in a baking sheet and spray with oil. Sprinkle the flat bread pieces with the Asian seasonings and bake until golden brown.
Add the citrus juice to a bowl and combine with the dried shrimps, the ginger paste, the soy sauce and the garlic paste. Whisk until all ingredients come together.
Then add one by one the rest of the ingredients leaving the shrimps as the last step. Then combine well and cover with plastic wrap.
Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving. Serve in individual cups and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Pair the Thai ceviche with the flat bread crisps and enjoy.