Strawberry Jalapeño Pork Loin
Valentine’s Day dinner menu includes a Strawberry Jalapeño Pork Loin. Made with fresh lean pork loin, strawberry jalapeño preserves, strawberry beer and latino spices.
- 1 fresh pork loin
- 1 cup jalapeño strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons sazon latino cumin, salt, pepper and oregano
- 1 cup strawberry ale or beer
- 1 cup fresh jalapeño strawberry salsa
- 4 cups field greens
In a rectangular baking pan add the pork loin and spread with the jalapeño strawberry preserves.
Season with the latino spices and pour one cup of the strawberry ale.
Cook inside the oven for 30 minutes at a 450 degrees Fahrenheit. If you love your pork medium rare, you should cook it to an internal temperature of 145 degrees (followed by a three-minute rest).
If you like your pork a little more done, you can cook to an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
Slice and place the cooked pork loin over a bed of field greens and garnish with fresh jalapeño strawberry salsa.
- When cooking pork use spice rubs or fat-free marinades or juice to add additional flavor without adding extra fat.
- The popular and delicious pork ribs and pork loin are great options for grilling or roasting.
- Look for your favorite lean cuts in the meat case. Many of these cuts meet USDA’s guidelines for “lean,” which means they have less than 10 grams of fat per serving, such as the Pork Tenderloin.
- Save the pork drippings for using as a savory sauce to dress the pork.
- Find the recipe for the fresh jalapeño strawberry salsa HERE.